Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Not time for another Pinnacles ride

I have been checking the weather and it looks like there aren't any weather systems in the forecast for at least another whole week or more. I'm thinking that it would be nice to do another trail ride up at Pinnacles in the next week or so. Gas prices are creeping up, so now would be a good time. :lol: Anybody up for this?

[edit]

Easy to intermediate terrain. Plated or stickered bikes.

Saturday 01/17/09 7:30 am meet at park n ride west side of freeway at Deer Springs offramp.

If there are no PMs or post responses, consider this a canceled ride.

ATTENTION: THIS RIDE HAS BEEN CANCELED OR AT LEAST POSTPONED. :lol:

I need to stay closer to home until the Dash... Isn't there snow all over the ground near pinnacles?

As for gas; 4 people in a truck with trailer, pack sandwiches and tap water; heck... Its almost free

I need to stay closer to home until the Dash... Isn't there snow all over the ground near pinnacles?

As for gas; 4 people in a truck with trailer, pack sandwiches and tap water; heck... Its almost free

Probably there is snow at the higher elevations and trail closure too. The stuff we rode last fall is at a lower elevation and the area has had highs of mid 50s to low 60s as of late, so I am guessing that the trails will be open and with minimal snow spots. I'll check the San Berdoo forest website later today and see what they are saying about trails and roads.

Not much information there on the website so I e-mailed a request for trail conditions. Hopefully they will respond before the weekend. <_< otherwise I'll have to call the district station and see if they know anything.

I have to skip a weekend of riding and get some work done around the house this weekend and the next weekend is Superstition D38. After that I want to get in a ride or 2 before the Dash. So as much as I would like to go, I'm out.

:spiteful: Ken

Yeah, I didn't think that there would be much interest right now. I figured most folks are pooped from either the holidays, the epic X plane ride or both. And then like you say, there's Dez Dash that everybody will be getting ready to enjoy. :spiteful:

Yeah, I didn't think that there would be much interest right now. I figured most folks are pooped from either the holidays, the epic X plane ride or both. And then like you say, there's Dez Dash that everybody will be getting ready to enjoy. :o

I'm always up for Pinnacles... ('specially if the trails are clear).

Unfortunately, it's highly probable that my dad will be in town this weekend - so no riding for me again...

Why does life always have to get in the way of riding??? :rolleyes: :spiteful: :) :)

I have been checking the weather and it looks like there aren't any weather systems in the forecast for at least another whole week or more. I'm thinking that it would be nice to do another trail ride up at Pinnacles in the next week or so. Gas prices are creeping up, so now would be a good time. :spiteful: Anybody up for this?

[edit]

Saturday 01/17/09 7:30 am meet at park n ride west side of freeway at Deer Springs offramp.

I'll ride with you this weekend. I just need to borrow a bike. You have a spare moto I could borrow? I promise I won't break anything.

I'll ride with you this weekend. I just need to borrow a bike. You have a spare moto I could borrow? I promise I won't break anything.

Yeah, right! :spiteful:

:rolleyes::o:)

I have been checking the weather and it looks like there aren't any weather systems in the forecast for at least another whole week or more. I'm thinking that it would be nice to do another trail ride up at Pinnacles in the next week or so. Gas prices are creeping up, so now would be a good time. :o Anybody up for this?

[edit]

You'd squish everything I own. :lol: All my bikes are sprung for teeny tiny people. :lol:

No luck for me then. Maybe I'll have a few parts and a shock that'll need repairs by this weekend. Ya know, if you don't end up riding.

Maybe I'll have a few parts and a shock that'll need repairs by this weekend. Ya know, if you don't end up riding.

Should take less time to put that shock together than the one out of your 650 did! (If it doesn't have washers the size of dinner plates like the XL did.) :lol:

The ride has been canceled. I just came down with a lousy cold today. :rolleyes: Maybe next week.....

Mimi that stinks.....please take care of yourself!!!

i was hoping to see a few pics of Pinnacles with some patches of white!

hope you feel better, and get out there soon!!

Blind B)

Mimi that stinks.....please take care of yourself!!!

i was hoping to see a few pics of Pinnacles with some patches of white!

hope you feel better, and get out there soon!!

Blind B)

Oh well, I have been lucky enough to have not had a cold or flu since December 07. I guess my luck finally ran out this morning. B)

Oh by the way, I got an answer back from the ranger station up there today. It read:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Pinnacles staging area and surrounding roads are open and accessible. However there is still some snow and lots of mud. We've heard many stories of people getting stuck.

Hope this info helps.

Have a great day!

Helaine Cross

Information Assistant

Big Bear Discovery Center

telephone (909) 382-2841

email hncross@fs.fed.us

So there you have it, if anybody else was thinking about going up. Sounds like fun to me, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Oh by the way, I got an answer back from the ranger station up there today. It read:

Thank you for your inquiry.

The Pinnacles staging area and surrounding roads are open and accessible. However there is still some snow and lots of mud. We've heard many stories of people getting stuck.

So there you have it, if anybody else was thinking about going up. Sounds like fun to me, but what do I know? :rolleyes:

Lots of mud....Sounds like a perfect DirtDame riding environment. :) I hope you feel better real soon.

Lots of mud....Sounds like a perfect DirtDame riding environment. :rolleyes: I hope you feel better real soon.

I am feeling somewhat better, thank you. I will probably get out and ride over the weekend, but something tamer and closer to home for sure.