Sign in to follow this  
Kris

Nate Harrison Grade

Had To Leave The X-Plane Ride but tried To make up for it Sunday on Nate Harrison Grade!

Photo0130.jpg

Photo0131.jpg

Photo0132.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Photo0134.jpg

Photo0135.jpg

Photo0136.jpg

Photo0137.jpg

Photo0138.jpg

Photo0139.jpg

Photo0140.jpg

Photo0141.jpg

Photo0142.jpg

09112008.txt

How wonderful. I went up there today too on the Husky, but didn't take any pictures. Nice shots.

kris; its just not the same without 20 other smelly guys, I'll bet :lol:

It has to be a lot better...

I'm glad you got a ride in... Good pics, too.

How close is that to North County/Escondido? I am in Oceanside but I would like to ride up there

The lower end of Nate Harrison is about 20 miles from my place and I live on the very most western edge of Escondido. So you can add the mileage to Oceanside and figure from there. Lots of nice little "back roads" through Valley Center and Pauma to take you there.

Is it all old paved road or is there some gravel/dirt etc?

The bottom off of the highway is paved for a bit, but then it becomes a graded road and near the top it narrows some and is less maintained. After you get close to the State Park area it becomes paved again. But that pavement is narrow and so full of bumps and pot holes, it's as adventuresome as the dirt portion. :lol:

Jaynen

I attached a track, (to my original post) from the East side of Escondido to Palomar and back.

Kris

Jaynen

I attached a track, (to my original post) from the East side of Escondido to Palomar and back.

Kris

Kris

Sorry we lost you in Barstow. But according to my 79 Husky manuals once you are rolling you don't need to bother with using the clutch. I have never broken a clutch cable but shiftng without a clutch on the older Huskys isn't really much of a problem. Husky steel gears from Sweden are very hard. I don't know much about the newer Huskys however.

I live in Escondido also. Nate Harrison is a great getaway ride. Send me a pm if you would like to do it again with some company.

Don

Jaynen

Kris

Kris

Sorry we lost you in Barstow. But according to my 79 Husky manuals once you are rolling you don't need to bother with using the clutch. I have never broken a clutch cable but shiftng without a clutch on the older Huskys isn't really much of a problem. Husky steel gears from Sweden are very hard. I don't know much about the newer Huskys however.

I live in Escondido also. Nate Harrison is a great getaway ride. Send me a pm if you would like to do it again with some company.

Don

Don

It wasn`t the shifting so much as taking off from a stop. I geared it taller than stock, so taking off I had to get it moving pretty good before dropping it into first.

Kris

Hey Kris sorry you and your Husky missed out on the the ride to Randsburg and back it was a great day and alot of fun, the sngle track up there is amazing!!!!!!!

we'll have to try again

Jaynen

Kris

Kris

Don

As the designated push starter, it did seem tall geared... Also; those sand washes wouldve been a handful (pun intended) without a clutch

Don

It wasn`t the shifting so much as taking off from a stop. I geared it taller than stock, so taking off I had to get it moving pretty good before dropping it into first.

Kris

Nate is a pretty easy road that you can drive even with a passenger car most of the time. It can get a bit rutty and washboarded but generally still passable even with 2WD cars.

On a bike the main thing that can make it tricky in spots is the bits of gravel on top of hard pack here and there.

It's a scenic ride and I recommend that everyone who hasn't ridden it before give it a whirl - just don't forget to monitor the terrain for the slippy spots and all will be well.

Definitely something that you can ride on any dual sport bike - or most street bikes if you're careful.