Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

First Ride at Superstition

So I thought we would make a day run to Superstition and check out the lay of the land to know what to expect for next weekend. The famliy will be joining a group of old friends there and hope to meet some of you new ones. We will bring our 30 ft class A and so the road looked pretty good and looks like a good place.

OK now for the ride, my daughter Kaylie 16 mostly rides the MX track or the dunes at glamis on her quad so this is new for her and for me I use to ride OW in the 80's. So we pulled up in the flat area in front of tower one, using the Crawdaddy map.

DSCN4720.jpg

Nice reception, Blue Angles show not bad

DSCN4721.jpg

Bike all ready to go, So we kinda rode along the base of the mountain and into the sand to see how this big beast will handle it. I must say not bad even with a Dunlop Trials tire on the rear. I need to confer with some of you other DRZ riders on suspension set up, I do have some heaver springs for the front but I have no idea about sag setting and where all the clickers are. This is how I got the bike

After a little warm we decide we need to Adventure, so we will take the loop trail around the back, first stop tower one.

DSCN4722.jpg

Here we are on top, Ok now we go down to Pole Line Rd. We picked up a couple of the rusted sign but lost them after about the third one. Crossed the paved path to the 2nd tower and then 3rd tower.

DSCN4724.jpg

DSCN4723.jpg

Kaylie is doing pretty good. Long stretch of whoops and we look for the cut over after Tower three. Here it is and here we go. I know what some of you Superstition Vets are prolly laughing, but I read alot of post and you all have alot patience.

DSCN4730.jpg

Kaylie blasting up some fresh smooth sand.

I did have alot of thoughts running my mind on the back side, I left my phone in the truck was the biggest. My child is with me and even on this short I didn't fill prepared after reading all the stories on the forum. We were excited about riding, well its on my mind and the check list is started

This is a great forum and I can't wait to meet as many as I can of you. Thanks Kelly

DSCN4731.jpg

One last photo of Kaylie

Looks like you guys had a blast out there. The jets are a familiar sight.

Great post Kelly! Good to see the family out enjoying the dirt.

I enjoy Superstition for it's variety and mostly family atmosphere...even on the weekends.

We had some jets wing waive us from what seemed like a FAA rule breaking height...

Looks like you had a good time and it's good to see a family riding together.