KTMrad

Broc Glover's BREATHE EASY Charity Ride

LINK HERE

During his racing days, Broc Glover was revered as a tough competitor. Very tough. But none of his motocross training could have prepared this AMA Hall of Fame champion for the challenges he faces now as the parent of 6-year-old Dayne, a little boy with Cystic Fibrosis, the cruel life-shortening disease that many thousands of kids and adults suffer from. Fortunately, good guys like custom bike builders Jesse Rooke and many others from within the motorcycle business and racing community have agreed to join forces with Broc when he hosts a very special motorcycle ride event on March 30th to heighten awareness of CF and raise research funds for the CF Foundation.

This needed to be bumped: I ran into Broc glover and Scott cox at North County BMW motorcycles yesterday. They were having a meeting with Bob Sciracco "owner" about the upcoming ride. Im in...

I saw Mad Mikes bike "mike Miralani" getting serviced for what I suspect getting ready for the Dash.

Got a call from Broc Glover yesterday.......they are having a DUALSPORT RIDE on the same day as the street ride event.

So, plan on going....the ride will be led by Scott Harden of KTM fame, and will have many other big names from off-road racing there. Probably Marty Tripes of San Diego, as well as others.

Let's get a big turnout for this event from SDAR !!

Got a call from Broc Glover yesterday.......they are having a DUALSPORT RIDE on the same day as the street ride event.

So, plan on going....the ride will be led by Scott Harden of KTM fame, and will have many other big names from off-road racing there. Probably Marty Tripes of San Diego, as well as others.

I also ran into Ricky Johnson at Toyota of Escondido yesterday, Christy 20 told me to swing by there and see him. They are neighbors up in Wildomar.. I threw him a SDAR bussiness card and he asked me if we had any GPS tracks of the area and I started laughing and told him we got everything on GPS. He told me hes not very good with GPS and I told him neither am I, so I invited him to geek tech nite, if he is in town he will try to make it.

Yes, Ricky Jonson is also riding in the charity event.

Yes, Ricky Jonson is also riding in the charity event.

Really nice/unassuming guy.....a bit surprising/refreshing given his tack record/fame.......spent an entire evening B.S'n with him around the bar at the Old Mill in San Quintin one evening many years ago (2002?).....hope he's able to make it to Geek Night.....

I probably won't participate in the charity ride since I'm planning on riding Death Valley the weekend before.......but we'll see.....

Hijack on.. Hey crawdaddy, I mentioned to him that you are 1 of our GPS gurus and he wants to invite you and me on 1 of his rides with 6 guys coming back from Iraq. It will be like one of those TV things on TV like he did called Epic Ride.

Hijack on.. Hey crawdaddy, I mentioned to him that you are 1 of our GPS gurus and he wants to invite you and me on 1 of his rides with 6 guys coming back from Iraq. It will be like one of those TV things on TV like he did called Epic Ride.

THAT WOULD BE F_IN AWESOME!!!

just don't embarrass us :angry:

Dang SCHWINN, you know everyone!!!!

By the way... Nice Harley suit you commute in there... :angry:

Did you see me this morning? That suit I had on will take on any weather. I froze my butt off the last 2 mornings so I broke that out.It sucks riding 75 miles of freeway in the morning.

Was that you on the ktm 950 on I-5 north I gave the thumbs up to.

Did you see me this morning? That suit I had on will take on any weather. I froze my butt off the last 2 mornings so I broke that out.It sucks riding 75 miles of freeway in the morning.

Was that you on the ktm 950 on I-5 north I gave the thumbs up to.

Yup, that was me you went flying by!!!!

Man, some of you have been on the Thread Hijack Bus lately.

Please, back to the main post about this event.

Thanks

Sounds like a great event for a good cause - I think I'll try and make it...

Was there any mention of what the dual sport route would be like?

I've got a few buddies that may be interested but some are new riders on bigger bikes and not interested in anything hardcore...

Sounds like a great event for a good cause - I think I'll try and make it...

Was there any mention of what the dual sport route would be like?

I've got a few buddies that may be interested but some are new riders on bigger bikes and not interested in anything hardcore...

Don't know yet......the Dualsport LINK will be up on the site in a few days.

You'll obviously need another pretty face out there if that smaller ride is gonna be on TV :angry:

That would be a blast....especially since I have a kid who will probably be on his way to Iraq/Afganistan.....just say when

I got a call from Broc Glover and he gave me a little more info about this ride.

The street ride will be about 100 miles, 2.5 hours.

The dualsport ride will be about 40 miles, 2 to 2.5 hours.

How do we go about signing up for the dual sport ride? I looked at the link and it looks like it is for the street ride.

Thanks for posting the link, I am signed up. I never expected to get a chance to ride with Roger DeCoster. Come on, lets have a good showing of SDAR riders. :rolleyes:

I went to the site and didn't find any more details....I don't get why they don't post more details about the ride, all the details are just about the event.

I talked to Broc.....the dualsport ride will be 40 - 45 miles on dirt roads, the street ride will be 100 miles.....both start and leave the same time and are about 2 - 2.5 hours from start to finish at the event.

There will be A LOT of celebrities there, and it's for a great cause. I hope the charity event goes great for them !

I was told this also.....this event is more about the charity fund-raising, than about riding.

I'd go if there was more dualsport riding involved, but it's too short a ride for me.

Depending on what time the ride starts, I will either ride before or after the ride to make a day of it. If we can find out the route ahead of time that will help with planning a longer ride.

If we can find out the route ahead of time that will help with planning a longer ride.

Good luck on that, don't think that will happen, judging by the lack of ride description on the site.

I actually just learned about this ride. Will be looking in to the details of signing up for the 100 mile slab portion of the ride.

Still being new to this site (and sort of new to ADV), hope to see some of you out there.

I also hope the weeks weather forcast of nice weather next weekend holds up as well - but even weather forcasters have trouble prediciting a day or two out.

Jim