KTMrad

Test Run - Help with Site

i tried to use deaf_in_1_eye...same password....can't log in....

blonde_on_1_arm....diff password than the others.....worked....

also, i clicked off the "remember me" ..dunno if that matters....for "shared computers"...

poss that's a little bit of IP and passwords...etc.???? conflicting???

i dunno....Blind, Deaf, Blonde....hey that's another handle....*hold please*

If you're trying this, you must use another e-mail than your regular one you use for the site, you must use a different name and password. Log Out of your current session, when trying to Register with a new username. Click OFF the Remember Me box next to your name when you're signing in.

I believe it is what each person is doing affects whether they will get the validation e-mail or not.

Guest 45auto

I recieved the email in approx 10seconds? :rolleyes:

Still will not work for me. I tried to resent on new name, no luck. Created a new,new name, different email, still no luck. The first new name let me log in, but not post.

Checked again on both new names.

Nuthin.

p

Those of you not receiving the e-mails, Do you have your computer set to block cookies ?

Those of you not receiving the e-mails, Do you have your computer set to block cookies ?

I don't block any cookies. Are the people not getting emails have something in common? Yahoo? AOL? etc?

Nothing in my spam or junk folder in Yahoo. You able to change my registration email on "Stregalicious" to desertgestapo@gmail.com as a test?

I made a change having to do with multiple users on one IP address......it was blocking that, which could be the problem.........check now please.

Strega, I think it worked because I changed a setting with IP's.......so now, those of you where it didn't work, I resent the auto-validation e-mails just a minute ago........

I registered at 2:30 under username GeoBrusch with my hotmail account and as of 3:50pm no email.

I did check junk mail as well. Same IP

Also interesting to note, the issues I described in the following 2 photos, do NOT happen with the new account.

http://www.stregalicious.com/moto/SDAR/pics/forums01.jpg

http://www.stregalicious.com/moto/SDAR/pics/forums02.jpg

See how they are stacked on top of each other?

On my other account, DesertGestapo, it's horizontal as it should be. I don't have:

close.pngSite Message

(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

...on the new account either. Super strange.

Also interesting to note, the issues I described in the following 2 photos, do NOT happen with the new account.

http://www.stregalicious.com/moto/SDAR/pics/forums01.jpg

http://www.stregalicious.com/moto/SDAR/pics/forums02.jpg

See how they are stacked on top of each other?

On my other account, DesertGestapo, it's horizontal as it should be. I don't have:

close.pngSite Message

(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

...on the new account either. Super strange.

Strega, have you gone thru your entire control panel to check settings ? Strange that you're the only one seeing that.

If you don't find the problem, you can either A) use the other name DesertGestapo now (or I can change it to Strega), or

:rolleyes: I can delete you as a member and sign you up as Strega again, that should fix your funky problem.

Let me know.

I'm going through every single setting I'm able too. It is account specific as I also see some weirdness in if I click on 'Members', things showing up strangely. Deleted temp internet file, cookies, etc etc. Strange that it only happens on the one account.

Is the color on the site specific to anything? I notice the DesertGestapo account see's a lot more blue and the Strega account see's things as a lot more brown.

Well if ya delete me, I'll lose my spiffy post count! :rolleyes:

Wheee. Now we can be our own best friend on the website. :lol:

start leaving cryptic messages for yourself, for others to try and figure out-

I fixed it by changing the "SKIN SELECTOR" in the very bottom left corner of the forum page.

IPB 2.2.0 Default - That one works fine

IPB 2.1 Default - That one doesn't work well and breaks things

IP.Board Pro - Just looks ugly

I tried using a Gmail account and it worked. I got the verification within a minute. It did show up in the spam folder though. The hotmail account has still not worked.

Jbw

Thread will be closed, we're putting it back to manual validation......this also helps, because we get to see each person's name, location, etc.

thanks all of you for your help !!

Strega, good to see you fixed your display problem.