SCHWINN

Enduro rider died sunday on 76

LA JOLLA INDIAN RESERVATION ---- A 32-year-old Escondido man died Sunday when his motorcycle crashed on Highway 76 near Cole Grade Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.

The victim, whose name had not been released Sunday night, was riding too fast to negotiate a curve in the road and was thrown from his Suzuki motorcycle, officials said.

Both the bike and the rider, who was wearing a helmet, crashed into the north guardrail of the 76, officials said.

The rider was pronounced dead at the scene.

No other vehicles were involved in the crash.

This rider rode up to the hideout and I always go out of my way to say Hi and do you need anything, to the Enduro riders to make them feel at ease cuz some people think the Hideout is a biker bar, Not So...Well I left about 10 minutes after he left, He was riding a Suzuki DR 350 or 650 white with blue about a 1995? with Trail Wings for tires. I came up on the crash about 10 minutes after it happened with CPR already in progress, everyone did what we could till the fire dept took over. He was worked on for a long time but to no avail. I asked the people who witnessed the crashed and they said he lost control in the corner and wiped out all alone. This corner is the 1st hard left hander after you come down off Palomar at meet 76 hwy about a mile west of the Y were the big guard rail is and it is a pull out for slower traffic and there is a cement resevoir just ahead on right. Karston at cycle gear in San Marcos crashed there a month ago but is healing. Be careful guys and lets all make it home to our loved ones. I did not post this yesterday obviuos reasons in case people on this site Know him.

A loss in the motorcycle community is never a fun one. My thoughts are with the family.