piratemonkey

Filtering gasoline

I replaced the tank on my Husky and want to put the gas back in it. I looked in the receptacle and noticed a few floaters in there that might make it past the screen at the base of the receptacle's hose. Would it be ok if I wrapped a piece of polyester fabric* over the tip as a final screen? Would seem ok to me, but I'm quite capable of doing the absolute worst thing.

*Less chance of linty stuff than cotton.

Yup, what he said. Might be able to put on in the tanks filler and secure it around the perimeter with a rubber band.

But I'd discard it afterwards- might give the coffee a funny taste.

You should be ok to do that, but just to make sure it'll be ok for your bike you should pour it into your truck and if it's ok for your truck it'll be fine for your bike.

Good luck getting the gas out of the truck though.... :ph34r:

But seriously, you'll be fine. I've strained floaties out of liquids with a cloth before. And the engine won't even notice a little lint in the gas.

I hear that chamois is the best thing for straining gasoline, especially if it gets water in it. :blink:

yep, I've got a plastic coffee filter holder thingy that is designed to go over the top of a thermos that I keep in the garage for this type of thing.

I've even strained gasoline through a paper towel in a pinch, and that works pretty well also.