Sign in to follow this  
Joliet

Maintenance day Sat 10-28

O.k. guys the maintainance day is next Saturday, the time is 9am. I will be there at 8 so if you are early no big deal. I will have the pressure washer hooked up, even if there is no work you want to do you can at least give your bike the bath it has probably earned. You DRZ guys might be interested in looking at my latest modification. The stock battery in a DRZ is 85 cold cranking amps. With a little modification I installed a 190 cold cranking amp battery today. Total weight gain 1 lb. It will be a good chance to get to know your fellow riders better.

Sound off if you plan on making it. Here is the address:

1234 Keystone Way

Vista, CA 92081

From the 15 fwy: 78 west to Sycamore, South to Business Park Drive, Left and go through 5 lights, after 5th light take the next right on Keystone Way. 2nd driveway on right. Look for maroon boat with blue cover.

From 5 fwy: 78 east to Melrose, south to Sycamore, left to Business Park Drive,

Right and go through 5 lights, after 5th light turn right on Keystone Way. 2nd driveway on right. Look for maroon boat with blue cover.

760-224-1808

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend this one. I found out I need to be in Palm Springs on Saturday for my Aunts 80th Birthday party.

I'll drink plenty of beer and have a good time for all of you. Try to get plenty of work done without me. I'll be in on Monday to check on things. B)

Just kidding. I wish I could be there, I wanted to change my oil, port my header pipe, drill holes in my skidplate, check my valves, tighten my chain, meet a bunch of new people, etc. etc.

maybe at the next one.

Jon

I'm considering but not committing yet.. I went over a deep water crossing with 2-wheels last friday, but took it too fast (on second), ending up getting water inside the motor and air filter etc.. I already changed the oil twice, dried and cleaned my air filter and all inside.... not sure how to clean my carb.. although my bike seems to work better than ever... Maybe I'll take it over there, check it out...

I went over a deep water crossing with 2-wheels last friday, but took it too fast (on second), ending up getting water inside the motor and air filter etc..

So where was this crossing? :angry:

Ask 2-wheels.. close to his house... it has concrete under (probably runoff from the Otay Dam).. it's very deep and he crosses it all the time... I went once and then did it again but got carried away and took it too fast on second.. I got soaked completely... I think the water level went higher than my air filter, and took lots of water... The bike cough a little afterwards, but kept on running well... When I was getting ready to go to Sunday's trip, I checked the oil and it was all milky white, then checked the air filter and it was dripping in water, the inside going into the car was full of water also... Anyway, I had fun, but it was kind of stupid (going fast on second I mean, I should of taken it slowly)... Learned better for next time... I had a fun trip with 2wheels exploring same route as the bbq with ride orange...

I checked with the mechanic at GP in S.D. and he did not think I messed up anything, just recommended to change the oil a few times, clean the air filter etc... I want to change spark and later on clean the carb just in case since it did take in water.. My bike is running well....

I'm planning on attending. I'll be riding up from Chula Vista - Eastlake area. I'll be taking pavement - back roads and highways - no freeways. Anyone coming up from the South Bay area care to join me?

Maybe I can ride with you 2-wheels..... I'l pm as soon as I know for sure... We would have to take back roads and go 55 mph, I don't want to take the freeway...

Hey 2-wheels, I'm impressed wtih your Suzuki.. it's quite shorter and it's super water tight... U never had problem with that water crossing and your air filter? I think my mistake was to go too fast on the second time around... I was like a little boy playing with water.. :angry::angry: I love water crossings, but may have to do some changes to my husky to take them better... I'm still thinking that maybe when I took all the extra stuff that comes from the factory to pass emissions (carbon filter, hoses etc), maybe I left something that allowed water to come in... I need to figure it out.. maybe on Saturday.... :angry:

The freeway can be scary, but once you do it a couple of times-its easy. I remember my first time on my XT350 I could barely keep up. After a couple of times, I learned the ropes and then it wasnt a problem. Give the freeway a shot!/Kev

I've done freeway on a ninja I used to have back in 99 with no problem... It's a little scary, but I guess U get used to it... Don't enjoy the freeway as much as roads and trails... The problem with my Husky is that it is really enduro competition with plates.... the six speed tranny is super short, does not have a radiator fan, and sixth being short, at 65 or 70 mph on a 50 minute ride may not be advisable.... that is why I need the bigger bike... hopefully soon!! On the other hand, dirt riding is amazing! Supper fun!! :angry:

Did you get my PM about your questions on the Dakar??

Tell Gary Orr at BMWSD that I sent you-He supports SDAR!

The freeway can be scary, but once you do it a couple of times-its easy.  I remember my first time on my XT350 I could barely keep up.  After a couple of times, I learned the ropes and then it wasnt a problem.  Give the freeway a shot!/Kev

I've spent my entire life driving freeways in a rush to get from point A to point B. I'm sick of them. I really enjoy back roads much more.

Couldnt you guys in ramona take Del Dios, through to Encinitas, and up Rancho Sante fe, or El camino real to San Marcos Blvd? No freeway, nice windy roads, with no traffic in the morning. Best roads I know of. Dont know the roads through elfin forest. I will be there with my beast, sure would like to see some other 650ls so I could figure some stuff out! Hope to see you there!