Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Foggy Windy Fun

I noticed how windy it looked in that video, but it doesn't even began to tell how windy it REALLY was. I could barely stay on my feet, let alone my bike at some spots. At one point at a rest stop, the wind was blowing so hard that I leaned up against it like it was a solid wall. <_< I have ridden at McCain numerous times in really windy conditions, but last Saturday had to be the worst that I have ever experienced. It's what cut our ride short. Other than that, it was cold and wet, in other words, great!

Ya caught me chickening out at the rock. ;);):lol:

I'll bet it's snowy up there right now. :)

thats a nice little section.... gather momentum when leaving the tight bushes into the uphill float/bounce over that first rocky section cut right then after cracking that left just carry speed right over the little rocks and keep the gas on a little to prevent nose dive off the other side...than just hang on and rail the right sandy turn!!!

I didn't do that trail on sat, my amigos did,,I can see the fresh tracks. Glad you guys had fun,,man that wind was nutty!!!

thats a nice little section.... gather momentum when leaving the tight bushes into the uphill float/bounce over that first rocky section cut right then after cracking that left just carry speed right over the little rocks and keep the gas on a little to prevent nose dive off the other side...than just hang on and rail the right sandy turn!!!

I didn't do that trail on sat, my amigos did,,I can see the fresh tracks. Glad you guys had fun,,man that wind was nutty!!!

Yeah, it was too nutty for me! :lol: I had my camera along and wanted to take some pictures, but the rain would have just blown all over the lens and I would have been flapping in the breeze too much to get a steady shot.

same section and continuing,,,no wind,,lots of dust very dry

we had stopped in the last little bush grove (to clear all the stuff hanging off my cam)

Wow, I didn't even know that the trail existed back in May, though I must have ridden past it a dozen times. Somehow it managed to escape my usual keen sense of observation. :lol:

That one steep downhill has gotten rutted and grooved from the rain, though. :o

GOOD!!! The tougher the better!!! going the other direction you need to be aggresive going up that small hill section you speak of coming out of the stream bed its so loose and silty. we may be there on Thurs (brrrr)

Brrr is right, as you will probably be there in some snow. Maybe I wiil try to get out there on the weekend....