TrophyHunter

Emergency Contact Info

New to me, maybe not to some. In reading my current Motorcycle Consumer News, they had a short article about ICE = In Case of Emergency.

Their suggestion was to list your priority contacts on your cell by ICE1, ICE2, etc. Aside from the obvious 911, this will help get your sig others notified.

If anyone has a direct number for Capt Morgan, I'd like to put him on ICE2. :blink:

Just an FYI.

I have my phone setup this way, but I'm not sure others can even use mine. I've completely over-complicated the process. When riding, I always have a ID wristband (don't call it a bracelet!) on my left wrist with all the numbers anyone will need along with blood type and allergy information.

fn

I had a bracelet for years (when you're manly enough, you can call it anything you want :blink: )

I have an allergy to penicillin... anaphylactic shock (sic?) should I get injected... the bracelet was a pain, literally... it got quite hot when grounded. I came to the conclusionn that if I am injured enough NOT to be aware of my surroundings, penicillin would probably not be the first course of action... SCHWINN or others may correct me here.

My cell phone automatically locks, so that would work. I guess I can just count on you guys to bail me out... again... if something goes wrong. I'll never ride alone again... i promise :blink:

so- penicillin allergy- O+- gallon donor mamber, so my replacement blood is free... I have metal in my wrist, my elbow and my ankle...and am prone to subluxation, so just pop it back in and I will be fine

I have a little plastic chinga on my helmet that holds a piece of paper with all my emergency contact info. I also wear a dogtag from roadid.com that has all my medical and contact info too. Like this:

products_fixx_ORIGINAL.jpg

And I have ICE on my phone.

I have a little plastic chinga on my helmet that holds a piece of paper with all my emergency contact info. I also wear a dogtag from roadid.com

That's where my not-a-bracelet comes from.

One of the guys I ride street bikes with gave me this form. He rides every weekend in the twisties and has seen plenty of injuries so he make everyone he rides with fill one of these out and put it in their jacket pocket. Good stuff, especially for new people to the group.

medcard5.jpg

When I ordered, they gave me a coupon that I could pass along to people here:

Coupon Number: ThanksRoger445332

The coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order placed by 01/14/2009. To order, simply go to RoadID.com or click the link below:

http://www.RoadID.com/?CID=ThanksRoger445332

If you prefer, you can call them at 800-345-6335.

I know $1 isn't much, but it saves a lil. *shrug*