Joliet

Desert ride Sat. Dec 6th

Saturday, December 6, 2008 (tomorrow)

I am going to ride Pinion Mtn trail, Squeeze, Drop, Fishcreek and over to Superstition to hook up with Crawdaddy, DigDug and company.

Meet at 7:30 at the trail head to Pinion Mtn. Road, ready to ride by 8:00. I will be leaving my shop around 5:30am.

I plan to be done riding by 4 and back to Vista by 6pm. A street legal bike with 80 mile range will work. :) Ken

Cell 760-224-1808

I am going to ride Pinion Mtn trail, Squeeze, Drop, Fishcreek and over to Superstition to hook up with Crawdaddy, DigDug and company.

Meet at 7:30 at the trail head to Pinion Mtn. Road, ready to ride by 8:00. I live in Vista and have room for a bike and rider in my truck. I will be leaving my shop around 5:30am.

I plan to be done riding by 4 and back to Vista by 6pm. A street legal bike with 80 mile range will work. :) Ken

Cell 760-224-1808

Hi Ken

I would like to join you but I have a big Dance weekend.

Don

Sounds like a blast- I have a little tighter schedule- any chance of a hour-early bailout option for the time-challenged?

fn

Meet at 7:30 at the trail head to Pinion Mtn. Road, ready to ride by 8:00.

That's early - have fun Ken.

Sounds like a blast- I have a little tighter schedule- any chance of a hour-early bailout option for the time-challenged?

fn

ken has 6 squares

fn

You can plan on being back to the starting point from about 1pm on. Lots of bail out options. :) Ken

Wow, that is early, I dont even get off work until 0630-0700. I will be in the Dez around 1000, any idea what time you would be at Fish Creek and Split Mtn Rd. I could meet up there for the ride to the Superstitions. Let me now, i may go sit at old mine rd and the tracks between 1000-1100, so if you see a lonely KTM 530 rider looking all alone stop by and say Hi.

Wow, that is early, I dont even get off work until 0630-0700. I will be in the Dez around 1000, any idea what time you would be at Fish Creek and Split Mtn Rd. I could meet up there for the ride to the Superstitions. Let me now, i may go sit at old mine rd and the tracks between 1000-1100, so if you see a lonely KTM 530 rider looking all alone stop by and say Hi.

What time we get there would depend greatly on who is riding and if we have any problems. I think 10:00 would be a good guess on arriving at Fishcreek/Splitmountain road. Where exactly is old mine road. Would be happy to keep an eye out for you. :) Ken

fn

You can plan on being back to the starting point from about 1pm on. Lots of bail out options. :) Ken

Count me in!

DigDug- should we use the Superstition repeater? and connect that way? Ken, are you radio connected?

fn

Let me see what issues I have on my plate. I would love to join you guys, I will get back to you.

IM OUT...Too much baseball with tournaments

DigDug- should we use the Superstition repeater? and connect that way?

fn

If we're riding, we'll be on 146.505 talking between my son, Crawdaddy and me. If we're back at camp, I'll plug in the ECRA superstition repeater: 146.670 negative offset PL tone of 103.5

Perhaps I can geek out and figure out how to do the priority scanning feature. I think that way I can talk on 146.505 but scan both freq's... If I understand that feature correctly... :)

I'll have my computer and cable out there if any radio owners want their VX-170s programmed...

I'll have to see if I can get three VX170s in my Camelbak. I'll set on 146.505. If you get that priority freq figured out let me know. Do you think both groups can hit the Superstition repeater, or should we both try the other one, who's name escapes me now?

fn

I'll have to see if I can get three VX170s in my Camelbak. I'll set on 146.505. If you get that priority freq figured out let me know. Do you think both groups can hit the Superstition repeater, or should we both try the other one, who's name escapes me now?

fn

As long as you're not too deep in the canyons, I think you should be able to make contact with the ECRA Monument Peak repeater throughout your entire route. You should have no trouble getting through to the superstition repeater once you clear fish creek and get out in the open.

Meet at 7:30 at the trail head to Pinion Mtn. Road, ready to ride by 8:00. I live in Vista and have room for a bike and rider in my truck. I will be leaving my shop around 5:30am.

Cell 760-224-1808

Ken, Please count me in. I sometimes park in the S2-78 lot & ride to the trail head. The Pinon Mt trail head is N33 034.410 W116 25.288?

FakeName, I have a Garmin 530 Rhino. Ok you can stop laughing. It has 20 channel FRS/GMRS crystals. I don't know the programmability if any. But will bring it.

Thanks, Boat440...

What do you have for helmet/ptt kit? I may be able to hook you up with a vx170 if you have the bd/avcomm kit.

Happy to help.

fn

What do you have for helmet/ptt kit? I may be able to hook you up with a vx170 if you have the bd/avcomm kit.

Happy to help.

fn

Wow, you really think to highly of this set-up.

I have a $50 dollar VOX headset fitted to the inside of my helmet. This is cabled to the

Garmin/transceiver via a 2.5mm to 3.5mm quick-release audio HS jack. I use cable ties

to hold the wires together & duct tape to hold the cable core stationary within the helmet.

So far no reliability issues. The voice quality is ok, but there is no noise cancellation

circuit or LPF for wind attenuation. Yup at speed>25 mph I know it's useless.

Now you can laugh.

Now about that VX170, or was it a 169 or a 168?

ken,

If you exit fish creek canyon and hit the railroad tracks, Old Mine road is about a mile down the tracks, if you go across the trackt the south there is an old mine, hence the name. If you head north it takes you to the pole line road which runs from split mountain rd past Coriso Wash towards the Sups. We do have HAM there, what is your call sign and I may have my Dad (who has the license) raise you. I think his call sign, is kd6izu, dont quote me on that, he also goes by the sand pit. I wrote down the freqs.

Hope to see you Saturday, if I am not sitting at the tracks, don't even slow down unless your group wants to check out the old mine. Kind of cool, no hole just rotting equipment and tailing, but good view of the area.

Mike

Remember: Stay On it, Not Under it”

ken,

If you exit fish creek canyon and hit the railroad tracks, Old Mine road is about a mile down the tracks, if you go across the trackt the south there is an old mine, hence the name. If you head north it takes you to the pole line road which runs from split mountain rd past Coriso Wash towards the Sups. We do have HAM there, what is your call sign and I may have my Dad (who has the license) raise you. I think his call sign, is kd6izu, dont quote me on that, he also goes by the sand pit. I wrote down the freqs.

Hope to see you Saturday, if I am not sitting at the tracks, don't even slow down unless your group wants to check out the old mine. Kind of cool, no hole just rotting equipment and tailing, but good view of the area.

Mike

Remember: Stay On it, Not Under it”

If it is where I am thinking of, it is 2.8 miles from Split Mountain Road along the tracks. Hope to see you there. If you are on the tracks I should see you, although I looked for Schwinns 142 foot trailer in that area last week and couldn't find it :D . Ken

hey ken me and my boy will be out at ss somewhere near camp crawdad if you are going to ride ss any give me a jingle im going to try and hook up with them in the am

i think you still have my number if not its in the member section

. brandon