Sign in to follow this  
socalhodaka

Second Wind Pump

When I ask about flat repairs on the trail last week, the Second Wind Pump was recommended by a few of you. I like the option of bottle and hand. I found a place to get them for 26.95, is this a pretty good price? Thanks Kelly

When I ask about flat repairs on the trail last week, the Second Wind Pump was recommended by a few of you. I like the option of bottle and hand. I found a place to get them for 26.95, is this a pretty good price? Thanks Kelly

I thought mine was closer to $20, but that's kind of splitting hairs...

I carry two pumps, though, because all of the bicycle pumps seem cheap, and easily broken... I've always "saved" the CO2 feature for when I'm really hot, really tired, or need to seat a bead...

You can pick up a second wind pump, and lot's of other trailside repair "stuff", GPS do-dads, etc. from Cycoactive.......dualsport supply outlet owned/operated by dualsport riders.....

When you need extra CO2s, you can buy a big box (for BB guns) at walmart or sport authority for cheap. Don't buy them at REI or bike shops, they charge an arm and a leg.

Paid about the same for mine. That and other stuff ordered from Cyco. Should be here any day. Thx for the original post...it made me take some inventory.

Next time you (all of you) mount a new tire in your garage, I recommend taking a few minutes to do a practical test of your pump and the rest of your equiptment that you carry on the trail. I hope I never have to pump a tire up with a second wind pump again, not that it won't do it, it just takes so much more time and work than I imagined it would. Carrying an extra few Co2 cartridges is so much easier and faster. :D Ken

When you need extra CO2s, you can buy a big box (for BB guns) at walmart or sport authority for cheap. Don't buy them at REI or bike shops, they charge an arm and a leg.

Exactly, I think I got a box of 25 at Big 5, for less than the bike shops wanted for 3. They do look different and don't have threads at the top, but they still work fine. :D Ken