Sign in to follow this  
Moto Toad

East County

post-10029-1227209389_thumb.jpgMotoToad here, also go by Eric. East county guy, Crest/Alpine. Been a Mountain bike enthusiast for a loooong time and now that kids are in college, figured its time to start riding again.

Picked up a 650 Challenge almost a year ago; been to timid to plug in; don’t like whining or getting by butt kicked, so been attempting to get some basic skills under my belt. Been out with Gary Orr and his gang; they took it easy on me; did the Anza training with Gary Kepple earlier this year and BMW training in So Carolina; pretty cool. Still a complete novice, but totally enjoy wknd rides…helps keep the cobwebs to a minimum!

I enjoy the combo rides taking in fire roads and back country; and when I can figure this forum out, I hope to plug in with some of you; looks like you guys (and some gals) know how to have a good time.

Gonna attempt to attach a pic of the “Infidels”, a group I rode with last wknd; me on left; Jonathan; Ted and Dustin.

ALWAYS good to see fellow new riders(*or returning)

don't be shy about your abilities, as for me..you probably got me beat already!!!

sounds like you already got things going....maybe see ya soon in the dirt!

you are pretty much on the way to most riding places in SD, so you will prolly be able to go on most of the local rides with VERY friendly people!!!

Blind :lol:

Welcome.. I am a slower rider and cant seem to keep up with any of them.. O well give me excusses to explore more..

Welcome aboard! New here too and the riders I've met are just as you say...ride, have fun.

Welcome, there will be lots of rides the next several months while the weather is cool. Look forward to seeing you on a few. :lol: Ken

Welcome to the club. We are for the most part not real fasty-fast riders in general. See you on a ride soon, I hope.

Welcome neighbor...

I am right at the North End of Harbison Canyon... I try to ride every Sunday or Monday.

Terrible619 lives real close, as do Ozzy and Racerbill...

Give me a PM if you ever want to buzz Corral Canyon... I like to take Viejas Grade sometimes, and warm up a bit before Bear Valley and Corral proper

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Hopefully some of your aren't just BSing and you are truly slow and not just sand-baggin....guess i'll find out at some point!

Bikeslut, sounds like we are next door neighbors; i'm also at the north end, live due west up the mountain from the elementary school; i'm actually off Mountain View, but overlook Harbison. Sundays are great ride day; i'll post or look for yours to catch a local one.

Got spoiled this wknd; did the Demo ride at SD BMW on the 12GS; put about 300 miles on with two other guys that don't have bikes yet, but are lusting big time. Definitely see two bikes in my future:)

Happy thanks giving all,

Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Hopefully some of your aren't just BSing and you are truly slow and not just sand-baggin....guess i'll find out at some point!

I'm about as fast as a bag of sand.... :)