Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Santa Isabel TT

I was riding this area today and ran into a couple of rangers who will cite you for going around this gate, it is closed because of errosion and if caught he said something to the effect of doing enviromental damage, once this is re-graded it will be re-opened when that will happen I wouldn't hold my breath B) , just a heads up he told me of some bikes he had busted last weekend?

edit: changed the name from Pamo connector to Santa Isabel TT didn't know the proper name it runs from Pamo Rd to what I believe is called Black Canyon Rd

That connector has been closed since back in May, when there was that big rain storm that hit the county on a Thursday and left back country roads a washed out mess. Who knows when they will get around to fixing it, if ever. They probably aren't worried so much about "enviromental impact" as they are about people going out there and getting stuck or injured. :lol:

I was riding this area today and ran into a couple of rangers who will cite you for going around this gate, it is closed because of errosion and if caught he said something to the effect of doing enviromental damage, once this is re-graded it will be re-opened when that will happen I wouldn't hold my breath :lol: , just a heads up he told me of some bikes he had busted last weekend?

edit: changed the name from Pamo connector to Santa Isabel TT didn't know the proper name it runs from Pamo Rd to what I believe is called Black Canyon Rd

It's Black Canyon TT off Pamo (and it's open at that juncture).....then it winds up the hill and reachs a "Y" intersection.....left at the "Y" will take you up Black Canyon where you'll reach a locked gate after a bit.......if you go right at the "Y" you'll drop down Santa Isabel TT, run through a few trees in the flats, then reach the western gate.....see attached Mapview

Anyone/Everyone is encouraged to call the Palomar Ranger District at (760) 788-0250 to speak with them about local trail conditions/closures/etc.....(they're located just a few miles away from the area on Magnolia Rd.......Magnolia turns into Black Canyon for those unfamiliar with the area)

Heck, I'll call'em (again).........This may be another opportunity for SDAR to adopt a trail as we did with Kernan......I wouldn't mind putting in some time out there to go after the erosion areas, etc.....Santa Isabel TT is WAY more fun than taking the Magnolia/Black Canyon alternative out to Black Canyon Bridge......not sure they'll accept the offer.....only one way to find out.....

Doc2.doc

Heck, I'll call'em (again).........This may be another opportunity for SDAR to adopt a trail as we did with Kernan......I wouldn't mind putting in some time out there to go after the erosion areas, etc.....Santa Isabel TT is WAY more fun than taking the Magnolia/Black Canyon alternative out to Black Canyon Bridge......not sure they'll accept the offer.....only one way to find out.....

Good thinking, we have many more members (661 currently registered) since the days we adopted Kernan. We should have enough members to take care of several trails now. :) Ken

While we are on the subject of trail closures out that way. I have heard from different people at different times that Lusardi truck trail goes through to Mesa Grande. But I rode it back in the 90s and went out there a few years ago and it still seems to have a gate a few miles out at a private property boundery.

While we are on the subject of trail closures out that way. I have heard from different people at different times that Lusardi truck trail goes through to Mesa Grande. But I rode it back in the 90s and went out there a few years ago and it still seems to have a gate a few miles out at a private property boundery.

If the gates were open it would connect to hwy 76, near La Jolla Indian Reservation, as well as going to Mesa Grande.

I hiked the santa isabel truck trail a while back hunting turkey and there is one spot that is eroded bad its on a switch back its passable with bikes but only one spot that is bad where the road is washed out. if a truck were to go down that way. it would be stuck no turn around. until that is fixed it will stay closed.