Sign in to follow this  
christi20

Baja Girls Team

This is an email I received from my good friend and Baja riding buddy Jennifer Morton:

Hello my wonderful and supportive friends!

This Sunday I am heading out with the Baja Bound crew ( lead by Tim of course) to pre run and race the Baja 1000.

I was asked by Anna Cody to race on her all women team on a Honda 250X. Anna is currently leading in class 20 points and if we have a strong finish, we will be the first team of women in the history of SCORE racing to win a Pro motorcycle class championship. How could I say no to that?

Tim was lucky enough (or was it his skill?) to be asked once again by Johnny Campbell to race on the Honda B team bike. Of course Tim said yes and he's thrilled. Plus we are supporting a team of riders from all over the country, my brother Ron is mentoring new JCR blood on the Honda C team, and one crazy solo guy from Utah!

Anyway, back to me.

Tomorrow Anna and I will be guests on Totally Off Road Radio from about 6:40 to 7:00pm. You can hear us locally on AM 1000 or on the Internet @ www.torrshow.com.

Race day is November 21st and if you want to follow our progress, check out www.racetheworld.net and click on our bike #'s.

Tim is on bike 10X with Caleb Gosselaar as the rider of record and I will be on 169X with Anna Cody as our rider of record.

Ron is on bike 16X, Gabe (crazy guy from Utah) on 9X, and our awesome rental team on 306X.

The GPS tracking is every 5 minutes and we can use all the support and good vibes we can get. Wish us luck and check the Baja Bound web site for results.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Jennifer rode with the Girls team in the 05 Baja 500 and they finsihed really well.

These girls kick butt!

I wish them and ALL competitors luck!

I wish them and ALL competitors luck!

That's so cool that they're both racing.....and what an honor to be asked to join the Honda team.....Right (ride) On!!! Good luck to both!!!

Wish them good luck from me and please encourage the use of Kevlar body armor when travelling south of the border.