I tried to set a ride in the desert. 8am lets ride. Wait for 30 minutes and it looks like stevensyanora and I.

Posted Image

Looking for something different we went towards Painted gorge.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are some great maintained roads back in there.

Posted Image

You need to stay on established trails or you could find your self down here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

There are some awesome sights and perfect weather.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The mountains behind my tail light is where we came in.

Posted Image

cool places to stop and break.

Posted Image

Then we headed out for Octillo Wells.

Posted Image

Went to the Blu inn and looked for rideorange group and must have missed them. Then went to the desert rose for food.

Posted Image

We explored the desert some more and made our way back towards Octillo.

Posted Image

With my new power and a pinned throttle I had to switch to reserve. We headed back to the 76 for fuel and I decieded to head home up the hill.

I had a blast and found some areas I haven't been to for a long time. Great riding, wish you were there! :o

Steve & I had a blast!

Looks like you guys had a great day!

So how is the new luggage? Take some load off your back?

Make sure to safety wire your fender bag on. The hooks on mine have a gap and I was able to drill some tiny holes in the fender to accomodate the wire. If you just safety wire the the two hooks by the headlight you will still be able to unhook the front and get access to the contents easily.

sandiegoland Posted on Oct 14 2006, 06:19 PM So how is the new luggage? Take some load off your back?

Front bag worked great, I will safety wire it. ( do you know the guy who lost his fender bag reciently? It was found.)

Back bag slid back and cooked on the exhaust. Too much air time. I think I can fix it.

It did lighten up my pack load. :o

It seems you guys had a great time!! I was planning to join you this morning, actually I bought tools, spare tube, etc... I had my bike already on the bike carrier on the back of my jeep, water and all my gear.. I set up my alarm clock at 5 a.m. (I usually get up at 6:15 a.m.), I don't know if I turned it off on my sleep or what but I ended up up until 6:20.. I figure out I would not be able to see you guys by 8 a.m. if I ended leaving at 6:40 etc... So I was so disappointed :o:D:D But, well, now I'm ready for the next adventure... Now I bought a gear bag so I don't have to carry so much weight on my back pack.. Cool pictures guys!

Hey carguy......my nephew (member name...Danrumz)is the one who lost that fender bag awhile back.....do you know where it was found......he needs closure......also.....I be interested in knowing how your saddle bags worked too.....looks like they can hold quite abit....thanks

Rick

Guest stevensyanora

the bag was found on the trail out of thing valley,I"ll bring the bag to the next ride so you can get it back...steve :o

Hooliganrick Posted on Oct 15 2006, 04:07 PM

Ā  Hey carguy......my nephew (member name...Danrumz)is the one who lost that fender bag awhile back.....do you know where it was found......he needs closure......also.....I be interested in knowing how your saddle bags worked too.....looks like they can hold quite abit....thanks

RickĀ 

Hey Rick, it looks like you may have found the bag, although it was found in a different area than you thought you had lost it. You can hook up with Steve for retrieval.

My saddle bags as stated cooked on the exhuast and burned through. They were cheap and I should be able to fix them. They did have alot of storage. :o

You can see from the pic Steve took they slid down to the heavy side. No bottom straps. I had spent too much time in the air to keep them stationary, but with some mods they could work. This is before they burned through on the right.

Posted Image

The last pic was heading to Octillo Wells on Split Mountain Rd.

steve,

I sent you an e-mail about the fender bag, and whether or not it's my nephew's. Thanks,

Rick

Carguy......maybe just a few straps here and there will hold those bags in place? I like the style, design, and the color. Who's the maker? Also...almost forgot....if they were buckled down well, would they be out of the way as far as the rider is concerned during some technical riding.....standing up, leaning into turns....you know... the stuff us dual sport rifers due.

Thanks

Guest stevensyanora

sweet pics, thoseĀ  gravil roads look like a nice ride,was that at painted gorge?

jay-05klr650

Oh a wise guy eh...nuyk nyuk :lol:;);)..... gravil?.... ;):blink:

Guest stevensyanora

"those gravil roads look like a nice ride,was that at painted gorge?"

yeah gravil