Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

CHAINS

Regina O-ring $75

DID O $90

Rental $92

Primary Drive $65

How many links for the 530 I am running stock and I can use it with these combo's

14-48

14-50

13-50

so the stock length should be right?

:o

Buy a chain break tool and cut to length. Do you change sprockets often?

Throw the chain on the bike with largest sprockets that you will be using if you change sprockets often. mark the length and break the chain at desired length. O-Ring chains are a pain. I have 3 different chains hanging next to the wheel they go with. 1 for supermoto wheel, 1 for paddle in glamis and 1 for enduro all very different.

I have seen 2 primary drive chains break in the last month.mine out at pine valley and a friends last weekend in lone pine. A lot of rocky mtn stuff is pretty good but some of us are finding there chains-sprockets are not lasting like you would think. my choice from now on is to spend the extra $20-25 and get what you pay for.

OZ

I usually don't buy rocky brand, a friend of mine saved some money and lost some races? B)

I went with regina, I have had very good experience with them $15 B) less than DID and Renthal which neither impress me lately.

I will occasionally change wheels which has a different sprocket and will change the front the idea is I have a set of wheels with dualsport tires and I run the 14-48 gearing

another set with Dunlop 952 front and rear with 13-50 strickly off-road

this setup doesn't see as much mileage

I checked the run out on the original chain and it is not completely worn out but its close the sprockets are not to bad? I have 120hrs on this bike ? :(

I've got Primary Drive chains on three bikes and haven't had any issues, actually they are holding up very well. Interesting.

I have Primary Drive sprockets and chains on my KTM, KDX(non o-ring) and KLX. They are working quite well for the money for me.

The Primary drive stuff is junk, you get what you pay for. I unfortunitly have it on 3 bikes. The X - ring chain leaks gunk, the counter shaft sprocket wore out in less than 2000 miles. I also saw Big Dons broken chain and he's lucky there wasn't $1000's in damage or a medivac. You know I think I learned a valuable lesson, cheap doesn't always cost less.

The Primary drive stuff is junk, you get what you pay for. I unfortunitly have it on 3 bikes. The X - ring chain leaks gunk, the counter shaft sprocket wore out in less than 2000 miles. I also saw Big Dons broken chain and he's lucky there wasn't $1000's in damage or a medivac. You know I think I learned a valuable lesson, cheap doesn't always cost less.

how can you wear out a steel sprocket in 2000 miles?