Sign in to follow this  
TrophyHunter

Superstition November 15 & 16 ...Informal

Update: No fixed location yet. Pending Erick's location pick if he arrives Friday evening. If he doesn't go, I'm calling just to the left as Wheeler makes a hard right. Open to suggestions.

Schwinn: Out

Strega: Dropping by from OW

Erick: Definite maybe & possible site choice

Tree: Maybe

All levels informal ride at your own pace when u want or sit by the camp. Come out for the day or overnight...or one ride.

I am taking my wife and her parents to Supersition Saturday morning, staying overnight and leaving after a morning ride. This will be our first trip with the toybox so bring marshmellows in case I light the thing on fire getting the stove working. (I actually had all appliances checked by Webb's 2 weeks ago)

This will be very informal. I ride intermediate. Laura's Dad is experienced on the street but new to the dirt. He will be on my WR250. Laura & her Mom will be doing very slow, casual quad runs.

We will be bringing horseshoes, footballs, etc. Everyone welcome, kids, sig others, etc.

I don't know where we'll be yet as arrival time will be around 9:00 - 9:30 and there will be people out already. Open to suggestions or if someone goes out Friday.....they can pick it.

If there's any interest in showing up, we can get the "I'll be driving..." on the post.

Look forward to meeting those who can join in! :unsure:

I'm guessing this is Nov not Oct. :unsure: I may make it with the kid.

I'm guessing this is Nov not Oct. :unsure: I may make it with the kid.

Fixed. Hmmm..more coffee. :ph34r: Thanks!

This sounds relaxing and fun Ken. I will try to make it out and let u know as the date approaches. Maybe we can get lost out there for a few hours.

Sounds good Paul, and Mr. Tree. Hopefully Christi will join us with the young ones if she doesn't go to OW.

We're (wife kids, friend's family) a definite maybe for that weekend. It's between Superstition and Ocotillo Wells at this point. If we make it to Superstition it'll be Friday evening. Haven't camped there yet, only ridden. I'm thinking something off of Wheeler Rd.

I'm thinking something off of Wheeler Rd.

When we go out there we drive pretty far back on Wheeler......a ways beyond the hard right turn and over near the dune wall by Rabbit's foot (the kids like to be near the dune wall to jump around on it, off it, etc.).....relatively uncrowded area (that being said, you don't want to set up too close to the dune wall because folks zoom along the base heading up to Superstition)

Go to this thread for directions to our usual camping spot, a map of the area, and pictures of the area:

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2058

I am watching this one closely. I love superstition and drag racing Sand Dam. I will let you know when this gets closer. I have a toybox so I will be self proficient

I'm sure I'll swing by and say hello, as we'll be in the Ocotillo Wells area that weekend.

Completely open to location. The flat area by the sand wall is good for viewing. I usually park off to the left of the hard right turn (about 5 miles in on Wheeler). It gives a good overview of riding area and quick access to a variety of riding.

Since others may go out Friday, first come first pick. Let's post descriptions or photos of what/who/etc to look for when everyone gets there. :o

I am watching this one closely. I love superstition and drag racing Sand Dam. I will let you know when this gets closer. I have a toybox so I will be self proficient

I am going to ocatillo wells with NCY