Sign in to follow this  
ShocknAwe

Lark Canyon / McCain Valley - Nov 2

I am going out to Lark Canyon / McCain Valley Sunday morning with my neighbor. We will be in a white Land Rover with my orange KTM 400 and her blue XT 225. This is a newb friendly ride at a slow pace (except through thick sand). We will leave San Diego around 7 a.m. and get to the staging area a few miles from the Highway 8 / Boulevard exit around 9 a.m.

You should have some nice weather this weekend for your ride. I read that it will be in the 60s and 70s this weekend out there. :ph34r:

and maybe even moisture..............rain on the plain!!

Enjoy your ride!!

My research shows Lark as Green Sticker OHV but plated for McCain Valley Rd. So....will you be staying mostly in Lark? If so, I can truck the WR to a meeting place and go from there.

Let me know. 619.504.2972

Thx

and maybe even moisture..............rain on the plain!!

Enjoy your ride!!

I wish....rain! I haven't seen a weather report online that included any rain, but I am still praying and waiting for some. :lol:

I loved the cloudy sky today and even saw a rainbow late in the afternoon, but I don't know about the weekend and rain.

RSDWR, I think you are correct. Once you get off the 8 you have to drive several miles to the staging ground. We will stay near the main staging ground in Lark. I would give better directions if I knew, but i have only been there once and was half asleep in Bikeslut's truck. My blackberry is (619) 756-5002. Bob, u have more specific directions?

get off at the Boulevard Exit... turn right for less than a quarter mile; turn Left on the two lane hiWay (olde 80 I believe) for about a mile... turn left here (it is McCail Valley Road and is marked on the left side... as the road veers right... so easy to miss)

stay on that road (eventually turns to dirt) for a few miles (5 to 7?)

Lark Canyon is the OHV area marked on the left... if you see a campground on the left, you went too far.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/viewarea.php?t=508822

checking out the map linked: it gets you close, but not right on the wash... just go a little farther than the little "end icon", and turn left in to the OHV area... turn left in the wash and drive over to the oak tree... not TOO close to the porta potty

the wash can be crazy at times, so while you are driving, check your blind spots really well, signal, and don't swerve... you may take out a rider

Thx Bob.

Shock, we'll meet u the staging area at 9:00. We'll have a WR450 & Blue DR650. Either a grey F150 or grey Tundra 4 door.

I can bring some extra gas if you want .... I don't know where gas is for you in Blvd but let me know.

Lookin' forward to it.

Keep your fingers crossed for rain. There is nothing more fun than getting a little dirty off road, then heading over to Fakename's garage the next day for a bike wash.

Ha.

I provide one free bikewash demonstration, and Shock, my records indicate you've had yours. Now, you are obligated to show up at each ride with your bike in peak condition. No oil slicks, no caked-on mud from rides in the last decade, and the opportunity to actually SEE any issues which may present themselves, like cracked cases, oil leaks, etc.

Show up at FakeName's. Hah. Sheesh.

I'm going to bed.

fn