Guest Hammerin Hammon

I wish I could find a deal like this

Guest Hammerin Hammon

welcome back Craig :)

I am looking for another, to set up for MX. I rode to El Cajone Wednesday on the L it sure was HOT :lol:

I wish, Rex Everything would hurry up, and get here so we can go surfing. :)

Friday.

FAIR-GOOD SURF: 2-4 ft.

knee to shoulder high and

fair-good conditions

I don't see what the great deal is, it should be easy to find a 15 year old motorcycle for $4000. I did when I bought mine.

he found a 15 year old design, on a 1 year old motorcycle... that was originally $5000+ out the door, WITH over $1000 in upgrades!

If that is the bike you are looking for, you got a great deal!

I rode mine to work today... had a blast... wheelies; backing it in to corners; splitting traffic... on the way home, I'll swing off the driveway and hit the jump...

now... I wouldn't pick it as my MX bike...

and Craig; before you start the "a CRFX would make it too easy..." routine... put down the red Kool-Aid, and consider this: Riding a Gold Wing on a MX track wouldn't be too easy, but you wouldn't do it... (would you?)

I get too much joy out of riding to try and make a statement every time out... OK... I make a statement about my lack of talent and bad trail manners...

As everybody else around here is jonesin' for an adventure bike, I am wanting a 250 MXer... something that doesn't knock out fillings, and bottom out every time I jump two feet in the air

(and don't you DARE suggest a 230L) :lol:

Mine was 8 months old when I bought it with 1200 miles, never been off road, for $4200. A month before I bough mine there was another '06 at Alba with less than 500 miles with a tag for $4400. I don't see what the great deal is, the pipe and filter were probably $400 and the jets are $5. It's also in Tennesee where the riding season is over. That cuts another $500 from the asking price.

Motocrossing a 650L sounds like a bet you made with your buddies when you were drunk. Hemmingway said, "do the things you said you'd do drunk, when you are sober. That'll teach you from opening your big mouth." Good luck motoing an L, after you dump the equivalent of a CRF450 into fortifying the L's suspension and frame, you'll probably want to consider upping the power as it really won't have enough to hang with the 100 pound lighter and more powerful other bikes out there. Good luck!

Here comes the cliché response. Ultimately, having fun when you ride is relative. If it's your gig to ride a 650L on a track, cool. If you ride a moped to work, nice. Want to know who is going to "relatively" have the most fun? My kids while they're riding my most recent craigslist score:

800IMG_0157.JPG

That's right people, an 89 PW50, low miles, fires up on the first kick, $200...

Guest Hammerin Hammon

he found a 15 year old design, on a 1 year old motorcycle... that was originally $5000+ out the door, WITH over $1000 in upgrades!

If that is the bike you are looking for, you got a great deal!

I rode mine to work today... had a blast... wheelies; backing it in to corners; splitting traffic... on the way home, I'll swing off the driveway and hit the jump...

now... I wouldn't pick it as my MX bike...

and Craig; before you start the "a CRFX would make it too easy..." routine... put down the red Kool-Aid, and consider this: Riding a Gold Wing on a MX track wouldn't be too easy, but you wouldn't do it... (would you?)

I get too much joy out of riding to try and make a statement every time out... OK... I make a statement about my lack of talent and bad trail manners...

As everybody else around here is jonesin' for an adventure bike, I am wanting a 250 MXer... something that doesn't knock out fillings, and bottom out every time I jump two feet in the air

(and don't you DARE suggest a 230L) :)

I am glad you had fun. I too have unbelievable fun every day on my L, just looking for surf. When I realize this bike will last through the rest of my life, I realize what a great bike I bought. I allredy have an awesome MX. track bike (CR500),(but a 650L ,I can ride from Carlsbad to the track, have fun on the way to the track,and shred) at the track :) It's not a drunken dream, but reality THE 650 L does all well.

It's unbelievably awesome! :lol: and fun at the same time. :D

SOUTH PACIFIC SYNOPSIS: A new, long period SSW groundswell (190-205) has been filling in today and will top out tonight and early Saturday before slowly easing into next week. Saturday will see 3-4'+ surf at the well exposed breaks (Southern Ventura, Northern LA, most of OC and San Diego). Standouts (mainly of Orange County) will hold sets around head to even slightly overhead at times. Sunday fades to mainly the 2-4' range at the good spots.

Going further out; as the old SSW fades into next week, a small-scale and heavily shadowed SW groundswell (~215) will fill in for the middle of the next work-week (around Oct 29th) with knee-waist occasional chest high waves. Beyond that; another modest SW swell lines up for the first few days of November. Stay posted as we continue to track these swells

f. When I realize this bike will last through the rest of my life, I realize what a great bike I bought.

.......................................... <_<

f. When I realize this bike will last through the rest of my life, I realize what a great bike I bought.

.......................................... <_<

Hey... every day could be out last... cherish the day and cherish the ride

I HOPE my XRL doesn't last the rest of my life; I hope to live more than 15 more years

Guest Hammerin Hammon

.......................................... :lol:

Hey... every day could be out last... cherish the day and cherish the ride

I HOPE my XRL doesn't last the rest of my life; I hope to live more than 15 more years

So you guys admmit it will last me 15 years, that's awesome, so for another $4,000.00 I am good to go for at least 30 years.

I think I will retire from rideing at 60, and start golfing. I could probably strap my clubs to my surf rack. Can you see me rideing in golf cleats, (don't put your foot down) :lol::D:D

Craig. My L rocked today <_< , 11 hours seat time, over 300 miles. :lol:

Craig. My L rocked today <_< , 11 hours seat time, over 300 miles. :lol:

300 miles in 11 hours = about 27 miles per hour? Man that is amazing performance! That bike rocks!

(I believe it is better to be red then dead!):lol: That expalins a lot.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Craig. My L rocked today :boast: , 11 hours seat time, over 300 miles. :bye:

300 miles in 11 hours = about 27 miles per hour? Man that is amazing performance! That bike rocks!

(I believe it is better to be red then dead!):blink: That expalins a lot.

Well, it was an SDAR, ride. :lol::lol: That explains a lot. :D O.K. 11 hours door to door, here on the :beach: in CarlsBAD. :lol::lol::D

http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.p...ic=3294&hl=

A great ride is easy to do on a great bike. What you did is what the 650L is meant to do. Ride hard from the front door and onto the trail. It is like you, a hammer, it'll just about always work and take a world of abuse before it breaks. But if there's one thing for sure, it is not meant to do Motocross. I saw a thread on Tumpertalk about motoing a 600R and there was photos of a racer that did do it, never won a race, but never came in last either. He did have to do a lot of work to the suspension and frame to take the abuse of a race season, but if you just want to turn laps for fun, have fun doing it.

In the end it's about having fun and enjoying the ride, whatever bike you're on because what memory you take away from the day is what matters. The best ride for you might have been lame for someone else. Either way you go Craig, I hope we can ride (or drink) together again soon.

Cheers

In the end it's about having fun and enjoying the ride, whatever bike you're on because what memory you take away from the day is what matters. The best ride for you might have been lame for someone else. Either way you go Craig, I hope we can ride (or drink) together again soon.

Cheers

Hammer you need to go on the Beach to River run. It will be more of your pace (fast, fast,fast). And you will not get as bored. Plus you can prove to Jon that he should have kept his 650L to ride instead of a lame TE 610. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Cheers

Hammer you need to go on the Beach to River run. It will be more of your pace (fast, fast,fast). And you will not get as bored. Plus you can prove to Jon that he should have kept his 650L to ride instead of a lame TE 610. :D

I thougt about it. :D I talked to someone about the last ride, I dont think I could handle three days of slow fire roads, and no surf, good bars, fish tacos or pool to skate. Maybe if his ride was done at a fast pace in 2 days.Still no beach. :D

I had fun, Saturday but wished I had done the same ride with my surfboard and gear, good friends, and ended up at Quatro Casas, to surf, and party. :D Like our group ride, which was just about, (AS GOOD AS IT GETS). http://www.dualsport-sd.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2803

Tree's ride sound more my syle, It will go right past Quatro Casas, If only those guys were surfers, that rode Honda's the world would be a better place.

Watch Fuel TV. sometime, thats what my rides are all about, (The Fuel TV. reality show.) Not Sally and pansie to the river

Craig.

post-465-1225138239_thumb.jpg

post-465-1225138356_thumb.jpg

post-465-1225138376_thumb.jpg

I thougt about it. :D I talked to someone about the last ride, I dont think I could handle three days of slow fire roads, and no surf, good bars, fish tacos or pool to skate. Maybe if his ride was done at a fast pace in 2 days.Still no beach. :D

I had fun, Saturday but wished I had done the same ride with my surfboard and gear, good friends, and ended up at Quatro Casas, to surf, and party. :D Like our group ride, which was just about, (AS GOOD AS IT GETS).

Tree's ride sound more my syle, It will go right past Quatro Casas, If only those guys were surfers, that rode Honda's the world would be a better place.

Watch Fuel TV. sometime, thats what my rides are all about, (The Fuel TV. reality show.) Not Sally and pansie to the river

Craig.

Craig, You could bring your surf board, put a sail on it and show them how to wind surf on the river. Heck they meet at the beach. Put the board in the waves hit a couple of curls. Then burn up the trail and show them how to windsurf. Come on show Sally and Pansie how it is done! :D

There are Flaming trolls all over this place ( not that there is anything wrong with that <_< ).

We must first know to which comment you are refering to!

:D I really do not give a sh*t about allot of the silly crap I've seen posted .....those of you I have ridden with me know that. Iwould do whatever it takes to get us out of a tough situation and I can only hope that we could laugh about it later ( some of us have too).

I would and always will be there to lend a hand when I can. :D

I totally enjoy the company and some of the antics I've seen on rides and posted here <_<

This place is not and should never be about who has the biggest family jewels hanging between their legs....

Let's focus on having a good time with each other and sharing the respect and love of getting out enough to enjoy what we have together okay. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

:D I really do not give a sh*t about allot of the silly crap I've seen posted .....those of you I have ridden with know that i would and always will be there for you :D

I totally enjoy the company and some of the antics I've seen on rides and posted here <_<

This place is not and should never be about who has the biggest family jewels hanging between their legs....

Let's focus on having a good time with each other and sharing the respect and love of getting out enough to enjoy what we have together okay. :D

Well for me a ride is a sport. I want a challenge, if someone wants to join me, it's more fun, If not I will walk across the street and surf,with my friends, or ride to Baja in search of big waves. Because that will always be a good sport! :D

:D I really do not give a sh*t about allot of the silly crap I've seen posted .....those of you I have ridden with me know that. Iwould do whatever it takes to get us out of a tough situation and I can only hope that we could laugh about it later ( some of us have too).

Hey I just thought this ride would be more to Hammer's liking. It will be a fast ride through hard stuff without slow pokes like me holding everybody up. I was hoping Hammer would finally find a ride that he would not complain about. I know he liked Boat440's desert ride. This should be simliar to that ride. Maybe if he is happy he will quit posting the surf reports. :D

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey I just thought this ride would be more to Hammer's liking. It will be a fast ride through hard stuff without slow pokes like me holding everybody up. I was hoping Hammer would finally find a ride that he would not complain about. I know he liked Boat440's desert ride. This should be simliar to that ride. Maybe if he is happy he will quit posting the surf reports. :D

That ride was painfully slow, but beutiful, and great company, with an AWESOME ADVENTURE.

but beutiful, and great company.

Who are you and what did you do with Hammer!!!

<_<:D:D:D:D:D:D