Sign in to follow this  
dirt dame

Saturday 10/25/08

Just wanted to get this posted early, so nobody will miss out. :D

I'm not sure exactly where to go yet, but thinking of exploring trails between Warner Springs and Anza. If the National Forest trails haven't been closed due to fire hazard conditions, then maybe Thomas Mountain and Bee Canyon with lunch in Idylwild. I will know better as the weekend approaches. I will probably truck the bike out to the starting point for this type of ride. B)

If anybody else has any ideas, please don't hesitate to chime in. B)

EDIT: We will meet by 9:00 a.m. at the entrance to Palomar Divide road near Warner Springs.

Yeah, I wish that there was some snow up there, right now. The weather should be in the low eighties this weekend. Mainly, I wish it wasn't so dry out in the hills right now. B)

should be scenic and with some diversity in terrain, we might do some exploring? hopefully there will be no fires to close any of these areas :(

Dang! I have so many things I want to do this weekend. Now another great option! And near me too!

Keep us updated. I haven't decided what to do. 1)Race at Racetown 2)Run a portion of the desert dash 3)take this cool ride with you guys. Keep in mind you are welcome to use my place as base for future rides in the area.

I'm interested. TM and BC are two places I haven't been but would like to try. Where would you contemplate leaving the trucks?

Steve

Edit: I'm not just interested. If you are going to TM and BC, I'll be with you.

I'm not sure exactly where to go yet, but thinking of exploring trails between Warner Springs and Anza. If the National Forest trails haven't been closed due to fire hazard conditions, then maybe Thomas Mountain and Bee Canyon with lunch in Idylwild. I will know better as the weekend approaches. I will probably truck the bike out to the starting point for this type of ride. :(

There is a TECH-DAY at eagle mikes place for KLRs this saturday.

I will be setting up the fish taco stand feeding folks, otherwise i would jump on this.

Feel free to stop by for a fish taco if your in the hood.

I was up to Indian Flats area a couple of weeks ago. Been looking at the back trails up in that area on the maps. Looks like some interesting spots.

Unfortunately, I have to work Saturday till noon. Maybe next time.

Phill

I'm interested. TM and BC are two places I haven't been but would like to try. Where would you contemplate leaving the trucks?

Steve

I'm not sure exactly where to go yet, but thinking of exploring trails between Warner Springs and Anza. If the National Forest trails haven't been closed due to fire hazard conditions, then maybe Thomas Mountain and Bee Canyon with lunch in Idylwild. I will know better as the weekend approaches. I will probably truck the bike out to the starting point for this type of ride. :D

not sure where we would start but I remember that big empty lot where we waited and waited :lol:

not sure where we would start but I remember that big empty lot where we waited and waited :lol:

Now that you mention it, I also remember that spot (and the waiting and waiting). :D

Steve

Steve

Edit: I'm not just interested. If you are going to TM and BC, I'll be with you.

I would like to be at the trailhead near Warner Springs by 9 a.m. If the forests are open, we will definitely do TC and BC. If open, I would park inside the fence at the beginning of the Palomar Divide trail. It's just far enough off of the road and has some shade trees.

Just checked the Forest Service site. So far, all OHV areas are still open. Shooting areas are closed to that sort of activity. I will keep checking as the week progresses. :lol:

Okay, my bike's not plated and I'm unfamiliar with the area. Can a new guy on an unplated bike be legal on your ride?

Ken

Okay, my bike's not plated and I'm unfamiliar with the area. Can a new guy on an unplated bike be legal on your ride?

Ken

Sadly, no. That's why I posted it as a dualsport ride and not a trail ride. We will actually be on dirt routes that all require street plates, and there will be some highway stretches as well. But, don't worry....somebody will post a trail ride really soon. If nobody else, I certainly will! :lol:

I would like to be at the trailhead near Warner Springs by 9 a.m. If the forests are open, we will definitely do TC and BC. If open, I would park inside the fence at the beginning of the Palomar Divide trail. It's just far enough off of the road and has some shade trees.

Okie dokie....Who is in on this ride, so far? It's only 2 days away now. :huh: Feel free to either truck out or ride out to get to the staging area. ;)

Dirt Dame, u and Roostingu trying to keep a fast pace on this one? I'd like to join, but if u know the trails well I will lag behind a bit.

Shock

I don't know what you consider a fast pace but the majority of this ride will not be very technical mostly truck trails and fire roads I think :huh:

I'm in. A great ride and a chance to meet ShocknAwe!

Steve

Okie dokie....Who is in on this ride, so far? It's only 2 days away now. :huh: Feel free to either truck out or ride out to get to the staging area. ;)

So far it's Roostingu, SteveO and Shocknawe (and me).

How about it, Cardiffchris....think you'll join us? :huh:

And what about KLRoger....your front tire holding air? ;)

[

Sadly, no. That's why I posted it as a dualsport ride and not a trail ride.

Ah, Dualsport = plate. One more question I don't have to ask.

Roostingu, u can tailgate me with your camera. ShocknAwe

sure :blink:

Mimi I think maybe you should post directions out to the staging area, as I am usure of where it is exactly, I guess KL might be in afterall. :D If you want we can use my trailer to get out there if your truck is down. :D

You coming Christi?