I needed a head light bulb for the XR.... the light was working but pointing to the sky :lol: . Hondapilot told me of this when I loaned him the bike when he went with Randy on a local run.

After trying to adjust it I took the whole headlight and shroud assembly apart and discovered the culprit was the little ring that is tack welded to the bulb had been bent and the little welds had broken.....another story on how that happened ;)

Anyway I started calling around....motoworld, House of Motorcycles, South bay, Cycle gear and yes I hate to admit it but I even tried calling FBC. No one had a bulb in stock and they all wanted $23 bucks for it ;) and they had to order it and it would ttake anywhere from two to four days to get it ;)

I was going to give up and order it online at bikebandit and then I called Escondido Cycle Center.... Matt answered the phone and checked to see if they had any in stock for me.

He told me "I do not have that Honda part in stock but if you could wait a minute I'll check to see if we have an acceptable after market one that will work". I said sure and he got right back on the phone and told me he had some.

Cool! The best part about it is that the replacement bulb only cost $7 so I went there after work and bought 2 ;)

While I was in the store I looked around and discovered that they give a 15% discount to Military also very cool. I was treated well in the store and they answered my questions in parts. Not to mention they got some cute little hotties ;) working the register ;)

If they continue to do good business like that I will ride all the way up there for my motorcycle needs.

ECC is a great place, for one, Chris is the guy I got by bike from.

When he sees my truck pull in, he is always there to say hi and shake my hand.

One day I rode my bike in and my father at 78 years old drove my truck, Chris came out to welcome him and in doing so was asking wheres Tommy, Pretty cool.

Matt in service seems to be the new guy and is very helpful and understand.

Kendel is a great guy to have working on your bike.

Turn around time is one, 2 days at most, My bike is new so I have them look at it also.

Service counter is NUMBER ONE

Floor service is great, I got those tank protects that glue on, the guys on the floor said, Hey man, you ever put those on? I said Nope, and htey wheeled my bike in and slapped em on. No big deal, but pretty cool and they came out nice and even, which never would have happened if I did it, cause most of the time I see things crosseyed

They must have changed the way that they do business, because when I used to go in there, they never had the part I needed. Almost nobody says "hi" to me when I walk in, unless I am looking at a motorcycle. Then, a salesman is sure to walk up hoping to sell me a vehicle. I have applied to work there numerous times because I know that I would be a great asset to any motorcycle shop, but nobody has ever called me for an interview. I go there because I still have a discount from when I bought my last bike there and because they have a good selection of dirt clothing.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I needed a head light bulb for the XR.... the light was working but pointing to the sky ;) . Hondapilot told me of this when I loaned him the bike when he went with Randy on a local run.

After trying to adjust it I took the whole headlight and shroud assembly apart and discovered the culprit was the little ring that is tack welded to the bulb had been bent and the little welds had broken.....another story on how that happened :)

Anyway I started calling around....motoworld, House of Motorcycles, South bay, Cycle gear and yes I hate to admit it but I even tried calling FBC. No one had a bulb in stock and they all wanted $23 bucks for it :) and they had to order it and it would ttake anywhere from two to four days to get it ;)

I was going to give up and order it online at bikebandit and then I called Escondido Cycle Center.... Matt answered the phone and checked to see if they had any in stock for me.

He told me "I do not have that Honda part in stock but if you could wait a minute I'll check to see if we have an acceptable after market one that will work". I said sure and he got right back on the phone and told me he had some.

Cool! The best part about it is that the replacement bulb only cost $7 so I went there after work and bought 2 ;)

While I was in the store I looked around and discovered that they give a 15% discount to Military also very cool. I was treated well in the store and they answered my questions in parts. Not to mention they got some cute little hotties :) working the register :)

If they continue to do good business like that I will ride all the way up there for my motorcycle needs.

Wall Mart, also has the bulbs, (12V 55-60) 9003 2 for $11.63 ;)

Craig.