Sign in to follow this  
klrscoob

Are the gates on palomar trail open or locked

Does anyone know if the gates are open or locked, if they are locked is there a code on the gate to open it? I am planning the ride for sunday and would like to go up the Palomar back side, does anyone know if their is another way if the gates are locked.

great thanks

-Jason

There are no "codes" or anything like that. The gates are either opened to all or locked to all. :D

Slut, orangeblood and I rode through about 3 weeks ago, no problem, beautiful ride.

I went up Palomar Mountain this weekend and last weekend. As of now the gates on Palomar divide road are open and the roads are in pretty good shape (almost too good).

They won't close the roads until the first big rain or snow. You have a few weeks left. :lol:

I went up this weekend, the gates were all open and the roads were great.

thanks for the help

To the best of my knowledge, the MAIN gates are almost always open......it's the gates where High Pt. and Palomar Divide meet that are always locked....which prevents you from cutting up towards the observatory :lol:

thanks for the help

Hey, when did you go?

I started up about 10am Sunday. I saw some guys parked near the RV park. Was that you?

thanks for the help

I talked to a FS employee on Sunday and he said the Cleveland was starting some restrictions on Wednesday due to fire conditions. I couldn't find any info on their web site though.

Phill

I talked to a FS employee on Sunday and he said the Cleveland was starting some restrictions on Wednesday due to fire conditions. I couldn't find any info on their web site though.

Phill

They will probably wait until the day that they close it to post it on the website as closed in the forest "conditions" section of the site. That means that probably they will start closing all the other areas as well, like Pine Valley, Corral Canyon and the roads around Hixon trail and Thomas Mountain. :D I hope not, but it is "fire" season. <_<

It could have been us, one of the bikes was a little 250cc that was thirsty every 70 miles, so I might have been us, around 10:30ish? We started in Ramona at Packards 8:00. It was much longer than we had expected to ride, we finished @ 3:30pm. It was sure good fun!