Guest stevensyanora

saturday ride

Guest stevensyanora

Whats the plan for sat,the 7 of biketober? were do we gather to embark on another epic dualsport adventure... ;)

stevensyanora Posted on Oct 4 2006, 04:42 PM

Whats the plan for sat,the 7 of biketober? were do we gather to embark on another epic dualsport adventure... 

The Adventure is OCTOBERFEST! It is all about the BEER! Well and the...

Octoberfest :lol:;)B)

p.s. I plan on a designated driver. :lol:

Carguy are you serious? You need a trials bike to ride Octoberfest... ;)

How about a border run? Tecate to Campo... check out Tunnel #4, continue east... possibly some more stuff from the April Foolishness Ride

Of course we could work our way back west to El Cajon for your beer. Maybe Kevin would be up to be your DD, but not before he's done riding for the day, maybe midnight or so... B)

Guest stevensyanora

stevensyanora Posted on Oct 4 2006, 04:42 PM

Whats the plan for sat,the 7 of biketober? were do we gather to embark on another epic dualsport adventure... 

The Adventure is OCTOBERFEST! It is all about the BEER! Well and the...

Octoberfest ;)B):lol:

p.s. I plan on a designated driver. B)

Aufmerksamkiet carguy: es ist schwierig,motorcycles mit einem Kater zu benutzen,hat spaB an octoberfest.see du folgende Woch........steve ;) what I said. is Attention carguy: it will be difficult to operate motercycles with a hangover , have fun at octoberfest.see you next week.....steve :lol:

==========••>> BIKETØBéRFÉST FøRÉVÉR ! ¡ ! <<•==========

The border sounds fun or whatever. I think I'm in ! I just need to get my bike back from the shop, hopefully tomorrow. Shes in for 6000 mi. factory service. Let's see if we get any more takers.

;) HEY, WHO ELSE IS IN ? ? ? B)

LET'S RIDE !

I was going to post this morning about doing the Pyro Labor Day ride with the Kevin ending.

I'm in for anything else. Just lemme know where to meet.

Jon

Got to do the dad thing for my daughters birthday on Saturday but might be up for a ride Sunday, anybody goin out?

Guest stevensyanora

were to meet and what time ,,Ich bin dort,,

For you guys going out Saturday, just wanted you to know that I am there to help out if needed.

stevensyanora has my cell and home phone number.

Enjoy the ride!

I was going to post this morning about doing the Pyro Labor Day ride with the Kevin ending.

Okay, checked that thread out again. I get it. I would suggest meeting at Thousand Trails Campground on Otay Lakes Road (7.3 miles east of the intersection of Otay Lakes Road & Hunte Parkway, or 2.3 miles west of the junction of Otay Lakes Road and SR-94) http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N32.6523%20W116.855

This will start you on Minnewawa Truck Trail. Something different to get up to Otay Truck Trail, and an easy place to hook up. Also, depending how the morning goes, we can run the border a bit further east than Pyro did (there's some fun stuff east of Campo). That way don't have to detour for fuel (Golden Acorn will be on the route) before heading back west to pick up Thing Valley, etc. It rounds off with Kevin's recommendation of picking up westbound Engineers Road to southbound Boulder Creek, then hooking up with Viejas Gradeback to Alpine.

8:30am. Bring a spare front tube y'all. Water. Snacks.

Hopefully Kevin will show and lead for the faster riders, if not I'll lead through any sections that are "new" to ya. B)

Guest stevensyanora

Okay, checked that thread out again. I get it. I would suggest meeting at Thousand Trails Campground on Otay Lakes Road (7.3 miles east of the intersection of Otay Lakes Road & Hunte Parkway, or 2.3 miles west of the junction of Otay Lakes Road and SR-94) http://maps.google.com/maps?q=N32.6523%20W116.855

This will start you on Minnewawa Truck Trail. Something different to get up to Otay Truck Trail, and an easy place to hook up. Also, depending how the morning goes, we can run the border a bit further east than Pyro did (there's some fun stuff east of Campo). That way don't have to detour for fuel (Golden Acorn will be on the route) before heading back west to pick up Thing Valley, etc. It rounds off with Kevin's recommendation of picking up westbound Engineers Road to southbound Boulder Creek, then hooking up with Viejas Gradeback to Alpine.

8:30am. Bring a spare front tube y'all. Water. Snacks.

Hopefully Kevin will show and lead for the faster riders, if not I'll lead through any sections that are "new" to ya. B)

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN SAT 10-7 RIGHT?

8:30 in the AM works for me. I checked my list and checked it twice, I found that there is only one (1) Thousand Trails Campground on Otay Lakes Rd. If anybody knows otherwise please speak now, or forever doom this ride to start in confusion.

BTW, it looks as though we'll be finishing this ride around the Beertoberfest grounds Hmmm, (scratches chin) I think I have an idea for a great ending to this ride.

B)

Guest stevensyanora

octoberfest in Alpine??

I wont be able to make it this weekend, as I am getting ready for my 4-day Sierra ride next weekend. You guys have fun without me(if thats possible-ha). Just be careful on Vieja Grade road, lots of cars! Kevin (Have a Brewski for me)

OH YAAA ! This is a good plan sandiegoland, count me in!

8:30am this saturday @ Thousand Trails right ? B)

The entrance to that Truck Trail is right there.

Hey Hondapilot, do you want to meet up saturday morning @ Fiesta Island and go over Otay Mtn. from the westside? We'll fork off from the top of the mountain and pre-run the truck trail down to thousand Trails for the meet up. That probably ads around 45min-1hr to highway travel time. Let's meet around 7am @ the entrance to Fiesta Island. What do you think?

There is a gas stop @ Tecate if needed.

LETS RIDE !

I guess the litaral police raided the forum. No, Octoberfest is not in Alpine but, Alpine is a lot closer to the El Cajon Octoberfest than Pacific Beach is. Distances are relative I guess and Beertoberfest is also on the way home for some of us, how could we not stop in for a stein of lager, a bratwurst, sauerkraut and a stein of lager. B)

We'll all try our best without you Kevin.

See the rest of you there.

There is a gas stop @ Tecate if needed.

It will be needed, measly 2.8 gal tank is not going to be missed.

Pyro, See ya (and anybody else that'd like to join us) at 7AM.

Sweet !

It is said and so it shall be done.

T i T a N i U m, where you at ? ? ?

Sweet !

It is said and so it shall be done.

T i T a N i U m, where you at ? ? ?

Titanium is probable in Hemet picking up on girls!!!!

mawAAHAHAHAHAHAH . . . YES, as we all should be I'm guessing! There's good riding pretty close to there for after I've heard. B)

B) Hey Chief gunner sunday sounds great!.... post time and place and i;ll see if i can keep up with that proto type your riding. backhoedoc out.

...pre-run the truck trail down to thousand Trails for the meet up.

Just a reminder... Mind the noise and dust at the bottom of Minnewawa Truck Trail

The bottom 2 miles cross the campground property and remain open at the convenience of the Border Patrol. I need that gate to stay open... B)

SDLand,

Message heard, understood, agreed with and you can expect compliance from all participants. Anyone kickin up dust and noise will get a stern glance cast their way from the rest of us.

US ----> B)B)B)B)

YOU----> B)

See you tomorrow.

Cool!

Anyone with a GPS, PM me your email and I'll shoot you some relevant tracks for Saturday... B)