Sign in to follow this  
Crawdaddy

Desert Season Planning - Family style (quads/paddles)

Weather will be cooling down soon......which means it's time to start thinking about/planning "family fun" weekends

kidsinthedunes.jpg

SuperstitionNewYears081.jpg

ChrisandJarrettinGlamis.jpg

Jarrettdunesjump-1.jpg

ChrisandKathyGlamis.jpg

Kathy and I *may* head out to Ocotillo Wells or Superstition the weekend of Oct 10th

Kathy and I *will* be making our first trip to Glamis with my eldest daughter (Brittany) and her boyfriend (Andy) on the weekend of Oct. 24th……Wash 9/10 location……..(look for a blue Dodge Ram 2500 - license plate CRAWDDY pulling White Layton Rampage Toybox - the one with the Orange Halloween lights hanging from the awning :lol: …..we’ll probably head out mid afternoon on Friday)

We’ll probably go back to Glamis the weekend of November 14th….

Glamis Season/Weekly Parking passes: http://www.imperialsanddunes.net/

(Suggest you buy your parking pass online because there are new changes for 09 - Season’s pass is still $90 over the internet, but now it’s $120 if you buy it “onsite” –……..likewise, weekly pass is $25 over the internet or $40 onsite……what a rip-off)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fridays in……

October:

10 – Ocotillo Wells is a possibility if it isn’t ungodly hot……

17 – I’m booked this weekend (Bishop 3 day Dual sport ride or some other Dual sport ride)

24 - Glamis

31 – We’ll probably stay home for Halloween

November:

7 -

14 - Glamis or Ocotillo Wells is a possibility

28 – LA-B-V.......too crowded at Ocotillo Wells/Glamis anyway.....

December:

12 – Out - Company Christmas party is on the 13th

26 – We’ll probably head out to either Glamis or Ocotillo sometime between Christmas and New Years …….or Superstition (less crowed)

2009:

Post dates if you have any suggestions/plans……..I have NO INTEREST in going out on Presidents Day weekend in FEB (unless the destination is Superstition - less crowded)

Hey Prez, what's the proposed date for the 2009 Desert Dash??? :D:D:D

I built a little calendar that we could use to post rides, one easy click to view who's going where. I know we have a forum and people post rides, but I'm the ONE CLICK kinda guy. This calendar and be setup to be viewed by anyone, members only, and it can be edited by anyone that wants access to do so.

SDAR Calendar

I built a little calendar that we could use to post rides, one easy click to view who's going where. I know we have a forum and people post rides, but I'm the ONE CLICK kinda guy. This calendar and be setup to be viewed by anyone, members only, and it can be edited by anyone that wants access to do so.

SDAR Calendar

That's an AWESOME idea Roger... How do I add a ride? Do I need a top secret password?

DRZ, Roost and I will be bombing Corral on Monday the 22nd

SDAR Calendar

Wow. You are on top of this forum stuff! Thanks.

I will probably be riding O.W. on October 11 also. I have a friend coming in from Canada who needs to ride desert!

SDAR Calendar

Admins - Please "sticky-a-tize" the calendar so my thread can get back on topic :lol::D

SDAR Calendar

Wow. You are on top of this forum stuff! Thanks.

I will probably be riding O.W. on October 11 also. I have a friend coming in from Canada who needs to ride desert!

I had a friend from Canada once... he was amazed at the vast expanse without trees... :D

(just messing with ya Chris :lol: )

I was thinking of going to superstition with Roger in October but I dont remember when.

Never been to the dunes, wife has a quad tho. no paddles. Dunes seem like they would be more fun with 4 wheels but I dont know :lol:

I was thinking of going to superstition with Roger in October but I dont remember when.

Never been to the dunes, wife has a quad tho. no paddles. Dunes seem like they would be more fun with 4 wheels but I dont know :lol:

Oct 17-19th. Hard pack and sand at Superstition.

When I called home today, my son informed me that we will be going to Superstition for his birthday/Thanksgiving this year.

Anyone who would like deep fried turkey and birthday cake is welcome to join.

When I called home today, my son informed me that we will be going to Superstition for his birthday/Thanksgiving this year.

I'll be at the NE corner of the Salton Sea Thanksgiving weekend with family that has a bunch of race trucks that they run on the Bradshaw trail. I'd like to ride from there over to Superstition, say hello, and ride back. Wonder if anyone would be willing to sell me 3 gallons of gas when I get there. More to come as it approaches.

I'll be at the NE corner of the Salton Sea Thanksgiving weekend with family that has a bunch of race trucks that they run on the Bradshaw trail. I'd like to ride from there over to Superstition, say hello, and ride back. Wonder if anyone would be willing to sell me 3 gallons of gas when I get there. More to come as it approaches.

If you let me know when you'll be there, I can have gas standing by for you.

That's quite a haul from NE Salton to Superstition isn't it?

Reminder - Kathy and I are heading to Glamis the weekend of the 24th-26th if anyone is interested in joining us (Wash 9/10 area).....

Sooooooooo, that means you have this weekend and next weekend to clean-up/tune-up/get ready.....family trip (quadtards, short loops on bikes)......hopefully we'll be able to head out Thursday night the 23rd.....don't forget to buy a parking pass in advance (see info below)

Weather will be cooling down soon......which means it's time to start thinking about/planning "family fun" weekends

kidsinthedunes.jpg

Kathy and I *will* be making our first trip to Glamis with my eldest daughter (Brittany) and her boyfriend (Andy) on the weekend of Oct. 24th……Wash 9/10 location……..(look for a blue Dodge Ram 2500 - license plate CRAWDDY pulling White Layton Rampage Toybox - the one with the Orange Halloween lights hanging from the awning :D …..we’ll probably head out mid afternoon on Friday)

We’ll probably go back to Glamis the weekend of November 14th….

Glamis Season/Weekly Parking passes: http://www.imperialsanddunes.net/

(Suggest you buy your parking pass online because there are new changes for 09 - Season’s pass is still $90 over the internet, but now it’s $120 if you buy it “onsite” –……..likewise, weekly pass is $25 over the internet or $40 onsite……what a rip-off)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fridays in……

October:

17 – I’m booked this weekend (Bishop 3 day Dual sport ride or some other Dual sport ride)

24 - Glamis

31 – We’ll probably stay home for Halloween

November:

7 -

14 - Glamis or Ocotillo Wells is a possibility

28 – LA-B-V.......too crowded at Ocotillo Wells/Glamis anyway.....

December:

12 – Out - Company Christmas party is on the 13th

26 – We’ll probably head out to either Glamis or Ocotillo sometime between Christmas and New Years …….or Superstition (less crowed)

2009:

Post dates if you have any suggestions/plans……..I have NO INTEREST in going out on Presidents Day weekend in FEB (unless the destination is Superstition - less crowded)

Hey Prez, what's the proposed date for the 2009 Desert Dash??? B)B):)