Sign in to follow this  
blind_in_1_ear

and yet another 619 noob

Hello to all you local riders of the open, uh , EVERYTHING! :D

Just getting into the whole riding thing, well returning i suppose you could say. Rode a little when i was 10-14, dirtbikes, and finally made the jump in my adult life. Knowing what i do from then i figured a dual-sport would be my best choice, so i researched a few things, and settled on a 08 DRZ 400.

Now that i have my first bike(*others were borrows, hand-me downs etc.) i am looking to use it as a outlet to life's little "stresses"....

now about me.

i am 38, born and raised SoCal kid.

married, 2 kids(*boy-6, girl almost 4*) and pretty happy about it. :blink:

they take a lot of my time, but that's by choice, and i am pretty busy with all of the things life throws at me/us.

that being said, i do still get a few surfs a week, hoping to get a little to the back country of SD..dunno how often i can get out for full days, but half days are def on!!!

welp i suppose that's enough info for now.

Blind, aka Michael

welcome!

I'm a half day guy myself... 6 kids

post a ride or join a ride in the "informal rides" section

I can't think of the last weekend SOME ride wasn't happening

Welcome to the club. You will find lotsa DRZ riders in this group. See ya on the trail.

Welcome to the club, lots of DRZs here. Check out the informal ride section. I’m sure you will find a ride right for you. I’m a new rider as well. Just a LOT older then you. :lol:

Welcome aboard. There's plenty of people of all skill levels here to ride with and always a ride of some sort posted. Enjoy!

Welcome aboard, you are in the right place. Great guys and gals to ride with here. Love the screen name. :friends: Ken

the more i watch the site the more i see there are PLENTY of good people on here!!

VERY excited to do a few trails(*although VERY light for my first embarrassing drop, k? thx) and desert as the season comes upon us.

have ridden to work 4 days now, so i am getting a little more confident above 60....feels great now, closer to comfy...but still feels like i am flying thru space with me and the engine, not too much else on the bike, that's for sure.

welp off to "work"(*today we get to have a fantasy football draft, tough day, i know...don't tell boss or wife, k?thx again.)now off to ESPN draft analysis....

be safe out there.

Blind

VERY excited to do a few trails(*although VERY light for my first embarrassing drop, k? thx) and desert as the season comes upon us.

Don’t worry, nobody ever drops their bike with us! That being said I have found a helmet, chest / shoulder protector, knee and elbow pads to be a great help. Off road boots and gloves are nice too. But of course nobody ever falls down so you will not need them. We just wear them as a fashion statement. :friends:

as an ex-skateboarder still got a few protection items that are kinda useful for a few things i do...

might be getting the knee/shin protection i have seen...seems logical anyway.....

Guest Hammerin Hammon

as an ex-skateboarder still got a few protection items that are kinda useful for a few things i do...

might be getting the knee/shin protection i have seen...seems logical anyway.....

Do you still skate. We do a ride to a sick pool, at a right point break 185 miles from the boarder. Check out the ride report, we got some good photos, of our last trip.

Craig.

funny thing you mention skating Hammerin'....

i made a Faustian bargain about 8 yrs ago...with my Dr.:)

i told him if i could surf(*i am a surfer at heart) after the surgery, i wouldn't skate any more....

and i haven't(*although i swear carve boards look SOOOO sweet, had a few runs....does that count?:))

so, here we are a few years passed, and my son and i made a sweet little skate board for him, feeling bad, you know b/c i shouldn't .....but the pictures of your trips....with surf etc...the pool...

while i am not down to skate, i am SO into watching a sweet pool session, enjoy Presidente and Coke....

so short story long, i would rather surf, ride my bike then skate now....

and now i got my bike, and a history in Baja(*grew up in IB...)driven the whole peninsula....

and here i come on, see there's my new fun, with surf, and baja....

overall Hammerin', i swear your rides....and the places...man so sweet....

i have been kinda timid in contacting you, it's sorta weird...i such a new rider, but the racks you got, and the fish bags....man, had my mind spinning.... :P

so, i guess looking forward to seeing the adventures unfold.

welp, wife just asked what i was doing...gave dirty look....gotta go. :o

Blind, hopes to see you all tomorrrow.... :)

funny thing you mention skating Hammerin'....

i made a Faustian bargain about 8 yrs ago...with my Dr.;)

i told him if i could surf(*i am a surfer at heart) after the surgery, i wouldn't skate any more....

and i haven't(*although i swear carve boards look SOOOO sweet, had a few runs....does that count?;))

so, here we are a few years passed, and my son and i made a sweet little skate board for him, feeling bad, you know b/c i shouldn't .....but the pictures of your trips....with surf etc...the pool...

while i am not down to skate, i am SO into watching a sweet pool session, enjoy Presidente and Coke....

so short story long, i would rather surf, ride my bike then skate now....

and now i got my bike, and a history in Baja(*grew up in IB...)driven the whole peninsula....

and here i come on, see there's my new fun, with surf, and baja....

overall Hammerin', i swear your rides....and the places...man so sweet....

i have been kinda timid in contacting you, it's sorta weird...i such a new rider, but the racks you got, and the fish bags....man, had my mind spinning.... :D

so, i guess looking forward to seeing the adventures unfold.

welp, wife just asked what i was doing...gave dirty look....gotta go. ;)

Blind, hopes to see you all tomorrrow.... :D

welcome ,, at a ripe age of 47, I skate 3times a week after work. the kids all say here comes the old guy. classic ...