ShocknAwe

Sunday Morning Novice Ride - 8/24/08

My next door neighbor just bought her fourth bike - a 2008 Yamaha XT225 dual sport. Her maiden voyage is this Sunday morning (8/24/08). The location is undecided. We will be heading to Pine Valley, Corral Canyon, or Lark Canyon, depending on who else rides. This is a novice ride.

Send me a PM or e-mail if you are interested in hooking up.

Shock

Dang my dirt gear is in LA and I have to head up and most likely move some stuff down and/or pack some stuff up this weekend.

Looks like wednesday next week we will actually move though and then I will finally have everything in one place!

If you guys are at lark/McCain, and wouldn't mind, i would like to cut my daughter loose with you on her XR80 so she has a group to ride with. I will check in at the big tree in the am (me 08 Husky 450, blue ride gear). we will camp sat nite. R

OK- Since my DRZ won't be ready by Sunday, and I'll be on the TW, I'll be out there bright and early again.

robert- I will bring my kids, too, so she can hang out with us while you go tear it up...

fake name- I expect you don't really want to spend another Sunday morning riding with the dog and pony show, but if you do, we'll see you out there.

Robert- I'll be in the red F150 with the TW200, TTR125 and XR70 (I might add the trailer and bring the XR with the street shoes)

See you guys there

i talked with some the crew last time and we saw you guys out on the main trail ,,,the TW is quite noticeable!!! I rode one at corral many moons ago , it was a gas,,,,but a little bit tough to control with those fat tires.

Thanks for the offer. I will look for you guys again. thanks R

my problem with the TW is the ground clearance... the thing is suspended for a midget, and is about 6 inches off the ground...

but it is great fun, in a stupid sort of way.

fake name- I expect you don't really want to spend another Sunday morning riding with the dog and pony show, but if you do, we'll see you out there.

Hey!

I like dogs! I like ponies! Maybe I could ride with Robert and then skulk back to my corner afterwards, head hung low, shamed by my performance and leave in tears.

fn

Hey!

I like dogs! I like ponies! Maybe I could ride with Robert and then skulk back to my corner afterwards, head hung low, shamed by my performance and leave in tears.

fn

That would be fun for me! ;) I'd like to see that... Now that I think about it, I may have the DRZ done AND the boys may not go... If so, I'll call you Paul FN and make arrangements if you want to truckpool.

(doing the turkey baster mod on the DRZ and needed some hoses; picked them up today)

hijack item #2... anybody know where they keep DZUS fasteners in stock?

Marshall hardware, I think has them. I'll be on a very short leash Sunday, need to return by 11, in San Diego, ready to be hubby, dad and son-in-law at a gathering.

fn

Marshall hardware, I think has them. I'll be on a very short leash Sunday, need to return by 11, in San Diego, ready to be hubby, dad and son-in-law at a gathering.

fn

I'll be there at sun-up; turkey baster mod is done ;)

Hi boys and girls,

Randy here...... this looks to be the most decent weekend in awhile for going east ( I don't do HOT very well )

I'll be bringing my wife Mary Jean and daughter Leah and plan to be there at or near 8am. We run a dark blue 2002 Trailblazer and a bike trailer.....Blue DRZ and Leah's TTR230. OH and our most friendly pup Blazer.

BTW RAD's TAT trip has been going well last I heard, other than one of the group fell and hurt his elbow....not sure who that was....I'll see if I can find that update.

Here's a quote from the communique:

"By the time he picks up his camping gear on the Oregon coast and meanders back home the trip should be about 3 weeks +. Kevin just showed up with a case of beer, signaling a quick end to our phone call."

Sounds about right, YEAH?

See youz at McCain in the morning

If the space is available, we will usually setup on the west side up against the big rocks just across from the big tree and outhouse.

We have a 10x10 shade, ( blue, who knew ) and will have that up first thing!!

We do have a late afternoon gig, so we'll need to be rolling out of there around 2pm at the latest....should be fun, as it's been since June that Leah's been able to ride....swim team/soccer/dance you name it.....makes me tired just saying it -_-:D

I'll be out there Sunday. Trying to be there by 6am and bail around 11am. I can haul one more bike if anyone needs a ride and is good with those hours. See you all there. -_-

I'll be out there Sunday. Trying to be there by 6am and bail around 11am. I can haul one more bike if anyone needs a ride and is good with those hours. See you all there. :D

we'll meet you by the OTHER tree -_-

I crack myself up... So, I'll be on Romper Room duty with my boys and robert's daughter...tree, robert and FN can go tear it up... I'll probably be leaving by 10 or 10:30, too...

My neighbor works Sunday and wants to stay a little closer to town than Lark Canyon. We start riding Pine Valley at 6 a.m. We will ride a little at PV and come back, and then decide whether to dual sport it to Corral Canyon for some novice trails.

Shock

Paul- If you want to make the most of your time, skip Pine Valley... go straight to the same parking area we met at the night ride...

Find a map on-line, and take her, from the parking area... trail 1, then turn right on trail 2... when you get to the campground, take Spur Meadow up to the lookout tower, then the paved road back OR take the Espinosa Trail all the way around... greenhorn is another easy route, THEN you can decide if she's ready for Kernan...

I'm working til midnight, so I'll be tired in the morning, but will probably still go to Lark... the boys seem to like the openess of the central area.

but shaving 30 minutes off the drive, each way, sounds pretty appealing...

Robert is already out there, and was counting on me to watch his kid for a bit, so I probably WON'T see you at Corral... want me to yell at you before you go?

-_-

"STAND UP DURING THE ROCKY SECTIONS!"

"KEEP YOUR FEET ON THE PEGS!"

"STAY OFF THE FRONT BRAKE"

"POWER THROUGH THAT!"

"KEEP ROLLING"

there; now you won't even miss me :D

That's the game plan! We will be on the road by 6 a.m. and arrive at Four Corners at 7 a.m.

Call or text me in the morning if u can't make it to Lark - Shock's blackberry (619) 756-5002

I'll be at Lark at 6am. Robert, stop by- I have the white 1970 . Slut- don't bail meet at Lark.

fn

I'll be at Lark at 6am. Robert, stop by- I have the white 1970 . Slut- don't bail meet at Lark.

fn

I can't quit you... Eric is not going, so maybe I'll just let Morgan ride the 70, and he can ride with us... he's faster on the 125 but he falls more...

see you guys all tomorrow... SHOCK... bring your girl on over to Lark... it hurts less to fall there than at Corral

It's true, I think Larks much better for beginners. And it's not that much further than PV.

fn

you guys thanks for the support for the girls. we stayed together over around the last campsite. we were up at 0500 on the trail by 0600, my younger daughter rode very hard early and was done early,,she did very well,,, my older went our with me and she was done early too,,, . our crew burned about 40 early morn miles and I finished the morn off in the big tree area doing a trials loop up on the rocks,,I burned the muscles on the rock stuff. and tested the Husky through the tech stuff.

you guys keep in touch, when out without the kids we can do some trail loops.

hope all had a good day and no pain other than sore muscles

Robert,

we looked for you, but obviously didn't find you...

we didn't see any kids at all until Randy showed up

were you riding with the#18 ktm?

we had a good time; see you next time

yes yellow plates with 18 KTM450EXC, one of our crew, one of the Italian riders, along with 2 other Ktooms a 250 and a 450.

me blue acerbis gear,black chest protector,AGV helmet and 08 TXC450 no number. I saw many people at the tree ,, but was focused on training and finishing up my day with some rock hopping around 1100, in the area around the day use zone (big tree) on the big rock trails and up the southside mountain trails. keep in touch for those early morn rides. R

Robert,

we looked for you, but obviously didn't find you...

we didn't see any kids at all until Randy showed up

were you riding with the#18 ktm?

we had a good time; see you next time