Guest Hammerin Hammon

Rust in fuel tank of 86 BMW 800cc.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

What do I tell him to do. He is here with his wife touring.

I told him to buy a Honda. :blink: I have heard of useing beads in tank, then a good flush. Were should I send him. He is in La jolla.

Thanks, Craig.

I told him to buy a Honda. :blink: I have heard of useing beads in tank, then a good flush. Were should I send him. He is in La jolla.

Thanks, Craig.

Make a couple calls to radiator shops- they used to do cleaning and sealing..

fn

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Thanks, Craig.

Make a couple calls to radiator shops- they used to do cleaning and sealing..

fn

Thanks, Craig.

Art has done cleaning and sealing for me and I was very satisfied.

Todd

Arts Radiators and Air Conditioning 9010 Jamacha Rd, Spring Valley, CA, 91977

I was asked about rust in a tank this morning and found this, maybe someone else can use it too.

How To Clean Out A Motorcycle Gas Tank

Step1:Remove the tank from the motorcycle, if necessary. Refer to the owner's manual on how to do this if you have one, if not, you can apply these basic techniques: Unhook any gas lines, or vacuum lines, depending on the brand of motorcycle. Some motorcycles are equipped with fuel valves on the gas tank. If yours has one, you'll need to remove it. Also remove the low fuel sensor, if your motorcycle has one.

Step2: Block all of the holes in the motorcycle tank. You can use a short piece of hose clamped onto the fittings on the tank, and closed off at the end with a bolt.

Step3:Dump a bag of BB's (yup like the ones used in a Daisy red rider :tease: ) into the motorcycle gas tank and add the 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel. Shake the tank vigorously. The BB's will knock the rust, or any other debris, free and the diesel fuel will keep the particles suspended so that they will dump out.

Step4:Open the gas tank cap and look inside the tank. If it's not clean enough to suit you, resume shaking until the rust is removed to your satisfaction.

Step5Pour out the diesel fuel and BB mixture. Shake the tank to make sure you have removed all of the BBs. Flush the inside of the tank out thoroughly with gasoline to remove all traces of the diesel fuel. Your tank should now be rust free and ready to put back on the motorcycle.

Just bring the tank to me. I do this for a living. Family owned and operated for over 40 years. I also fix motorcyle radiators. Ronnie's Cooling Systems in Escondido. 760-291-1580. Ask for Cree aka EX QB

Just bring the tank to me. I do this for a living. Family owned and operated for over 40 years. I also fix motorcyle radiators. Ronnie's Cooling Systems in Escondido. 760-291-1580. Ask for Cree aka EX QB

Awesome, another business to support!