MacDuncan

Thin out the herd

Most of you will understand that I want a garage with 20 bikes to choose from daily...  (much like Jay Leno's garage of cars :) )

However, that may not be a reality for this fella.  I will likely sell a bike or 3 soon.

2013 v-strom 650 Adventure (original owner), 13,000+ miles, ~$ 4,300.  One of the best attributes of the bike is that you do not have to be tall to feel comfortable as the seat height is ~ 32 inches tall (Nice to flat foot).  Also nice that it zips to 3 digit speed as needed. Used mostly for street camping, roaming Colorado Rockies Hiways, quick loops to Borrego for Lunch 2-up, ride bagless or with 3 Hard boxes, At 6' + the buffeting was a concern, so all options have been done to make a quiet cockpit, but that depends on the riders height. Running shinkos, dry cover for seat for rain or heat, aftermarket screen, skidplate, bar extenders, engine guards, etc. (Pics below)

2008 WR 250r - ~ $3,100. less than 2000 miles.  A more recent arrival to the barn in hopes that my daughter would ride with me.  Her enthusiasm is high, but dang, so is the bike as most seem to be these days (and for a newbie that at every stop has to jump to the side to touch the ground and only have the back of 1 knee on seat (she is also new to clutch work), that seems tough .  I know the original owner and the reason I picked it up is frankly....  how could anyone find a wr250r these days with less than 2000 miles on it knowing that they are one of the most dependable bikes up to tens of thousands of miles on them.  It was stored covered, but outside, so it has a bit weathering shown, but it is still quite clean.  I knew I would need to go through it, so I did, so all fluids are new, tires are newish, has numerous upgraded parts that would help with future bike camping....  bike runs great.  However, the price may seem high, even though I will take a loss on it due to the surprise of finding out when the forks were serviced by Suspension 101, I had to replace more than fluids and bushings....  however, the suspension is like new now. (Pics below)

2021 Tenere 700. (original owner) ~ $9,100.  This bike is fantastic.  Best reason is how the motor pulls beautifully from any rpm.  There are tons of reasons to love this bike.  I used it for Borrego loops and riding to resort towns in Colorado 2 up, riding the CO BDR solo and then on the road to tour in Wyoming, Camping off the bike was great, but riding dirt too was a bonus. It has been farkled well (skid plate, engine guards, anti-vibrate speedometer bar, Camel easy clutch pull, barkbusters, Center stand, bigger wind screen, heated oxford grips, soft luggage pannier guards, luggage tail rack, headlight guard, running motoz, etc. What I was unable to do based upon my skill level is to steer the bike with the throttle and lean only when packed up for an overnight on skinny mountain roads (inside story). (pics below)

Test ride other bikes to know if any of these bikes would meet your need to ride. PM preferred for actual potential buyers. :). Mac

Looping Yellowstone 2-up on vstrom:

IMG_1455.thumb.JPG.776c7dfd4a57132b638f1ebadbf025f6.JPG

Camping in Joshua Tree on vstrom:

IMG_2310.thumb.JPG.53d2ff650c5cfd1e77d5d781eff1a0d3.JPG

Finding Continental Divides on V-strom (2-up):

IMG_4506.thumb.jpeg.397ab939d9fa296cfdf18aabc9630a1b.jpeg

VStrom Today:IMG_9527.thumb.jpeg.11263ddefc405b42d0b2033e882a50b4.jpeg

Colorado BDR solo on T7:

IMG_7611.thumb.jpeg.7e1986b7ad6ae2af605786babfedab67.jpeg

Road touring in Wyoming on T7:

IMG_7658.thumb.jpeg.fe2efc5d2708d89a5417e79f5fe30dca.jpeg

T7 Today:IMG_9530.thumb.jpeg.8897a26bf354d9403dd813e03b5674e9.jpeg

Local road we all know:

IMG_9420.thumb.jpeg.22d0fd69fcc78e66c60885a97060937e.jpeg  IMG_9419.thumb.jpeg.bca9caa5bda649d4dfc23963713e57a0.jpeg

Edited by MacDuncan
price drop on all bikes

on the WR when the forks were serviced what weight is it sprung for?

I think Suspension 101 defaulted to original specs because it was primarily intended for my daughter.  I was ok with that even though I planned to ride it too as I aged, and since 1/2 inch of air while jumping is my max, and I rarely do whoops seriously - haha. It wouldn't surprise me if he could offer a good deal on a stronger spring for SDAR folks if he has one in his shop.

so basically rated for about 165lbs if running stock springs, thanks

Man all three of these are such great bikes