padu

CABDR with the DesertX, Section 7 - May 2023

May 28, 2023

Section 7 is one of the most beautiful sections of the CABDR. Starting with an amazing view of the sunrise bathing the Sierra mountains from the Alabama Hills campground, we took Movie Road, where several movies were filmed, including the first Iron Man (Tony Stark demonstrating his latest missiles scene). Lots of water crossings and sand pockets.

Then we arrive at Manzanar - where you will learn about a dark part of our history. For me, the highlight of the entire BDR was riding way into the Reward Mine, followed by the expert section going over the mountains on Hine Road. Absolutely breathtaking. We were initially planning on doing sections 7 and 8 today, but the day ran long and we went the highway to Benton, where we had reservations for a cabin. We had to ride the highway all the way to Benton Hotsprings Inn, so postponed finishing section 8 on our way home the next day, going North to South.

• Like 3

WOW!!!  That looks amazing.  Definitely need to do this soon.  Fantastic editing!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pokey151 said:

WOW!!!  That looks amazing.  Definitely need to do this soon.  Fantastic editing!!

Thank you!

Yeah, this is the best section of the entire BDR in my opinion!