Padu subscribes to my mantra " Always Participate don't Spectate"

• Like 2

Looking through past photos and video from this event, it doesn't necessarily look "Big Bike" friendly. Have you guys done this rally in the past? If so, was it big bike friendly?

The organizer says it's not. I never done it before, but I'm planning on taking the KTM 500 and the DesertX. If I see it's feasible on the first day, I might do another day with the big bike

I ride a 690 so probably ok but the guys I ride with are on big bikes... I think we'll skip this one. 

Thank you for the info!!

Do you have a roadbook setup Padu? Curious how much it would cost to do the minimum vs doing the super cool motorized roadbooks with multiple tripmeters etc...

I'm doing super budget. I got a digital mount from RMS, an outdoor rugged android tablet, and a bluetooth handlebar control. I had assembled it on the DesertX, now I'm preparing the setup on the KTM 500.

D53F3477-A830-4F2B-AB8E-0A7989A94D7D.thumb.JPG.1d3d12f549fccb5955328df262be441b.JPG

Screenshot_2.jpg

Woah this is great, thanks. I'm considering doing this event on a 350 with a 3.1gal tank, looking into how much it would cost. I like your setup, looks like it would pop on/off fairly easily.

On 1/16/2024 at 2:45 PM, robertaccio said:

Padu subscribes to my mantra " Always Participate don't Spectate"

I am soooo going to borrow that phrase. 
will try to remember to give you credit. But I’m old and forget stuff all the time. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, padu said:

I'm doing super budget. I got a digital mount from RMS, an outdoor rugged android tablet, and a bluetooth handlebar control. I had assembled it on the DesertX, now I'm preparing the setup on the KTM 500.

D53F3477-A830-4F2B-AB8E-0A7989A94D7D.thumb.JPG.1d3d12f549fccb5955328df262be441b.JPG

Screenshot_2.jpg

Dang, Padu!  That looks like a hoot for casual riding. But add in some speed and a time clock for competition and I don’t think my ability to multitask could keep up. 

7 hours ago, Zubb said:

I am soooo going to borrow that phrase. 
will try to remember to give you credit. But I’m old and forget stuff all the time. 

or shorten it "participate never spectate"          I word play with the rhyme from time to time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bfar33 said:

Woah this is great, thanks. I'm considering doing this event on a 350 with a 3.1gal tank, looking into how much it would cost. I like your setup, looks like it would pop on/off fairly easily.

4 screws

9 hours ago, Zubb said:

Dang, Padu!  That looks like a hoot for casual riding. But add in some speed and a time clock for competition and I don’t think my ability to multitask could keep up. 

I've been training with Dakar on the PS5 in PRO mode and it got me brain cramps!

• Haha 1