dirt dame

A ride here and there, 08/09 and 08/12

Summer has been pretty good to us up here on the high plains.  Lots more rain this summer, than last.  Temperatures have been cooler this year too.  My riding partner had her grand kids visit for a couple of weeks up at the ranch, so I hadn't seen her and her bike lately.  We got out on the local trails on a couple of different days with an afternoon ride on Wednesday and a slightly longer route on Saturday, with the latter ride being the most interesting and fun in terms of the route and some dicey afternoon storm action.  It was time to ride the Xtrainer again, since we were riding less than 50 miles on both days.  Wednesday's route found us on the west side of Flaming Gorge, and Saturday's ride found us on the east side and just south of town. The weather on Saturday chased us back to the staging area a little early, and because of this, I also had to wash the gooey mud off my bike afterwards.  But the temps were quite nice during the storm and there wasn't a lot of thunder and lightning, so all was well with the world.  We will have about a month and a half to two months left for riding before winter weather sets in, and hopefully it won't be like last winter, so we can get some rides in between the beginning of autumn and spring.

20230809_141205.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20230809_162252.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20230809_162442.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20230809_163003.jpg?width=1920&height=10
20230809_162507.jpg?width=1920&height=10
westside1.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit

Edited by dirt dame
  • Like 2

Just now, bajadog said:

Great vistas and scenery!

Pardon my ignorance, Utah?

Southern Wyoming, Sweetwater county.

• Agree 1

looks like a great place to ride and never would have guessed Wyoming. Great pictures!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting up your summer wanderings.  It's always good to see/hear how you are doing there.

As for winter . . . . well, you might want to stock up early on whiskey and poker chips as there's another super el nino stewing over the pacific, promising another winter of epic proportions.  Don't shoot the messenger please.

Maybe it's time to sell one of those bikes off for a snowmobile?

Cheers!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zubb said:

Maybe it's time to sell one of those bikes off for a snowmobile?

I have very little interest in snowmobiles.  I don't know anybody up here who owns one. Snowmobiles are expensive, large and heavy.  I would have trouble transporting it, paying for the extra storage area it would need,  and it would have to be transported pretty far to find enough snow to use.  It gets cold here, but most of the snow blows away as soon as it hits the ground.  Just a lot of extra trouble and money for something that I would consider a lot less practical and safe than a motorcycle.  It would seem like a poor return on money invested.

• Like 1