KTMrad

CANCELED - June 25th - Round the World with Motos & Dogs Presentation by The Pack Track

Event Canceled due to no responses from anyone.

Hey all, I'm friends with an Australian couple Stu and Janell Clarke via Facebook who I've been following and they've been traveling the world for the past 10 years, 108 countries with their dogs on their BMW F650GS's. There are very few people who have done this with dogs on motorcycles.

They didn't think they were going to make it to San Diego, but now they will be coming.

Our own Dave Minskey (DSM8) offered to host it at his house in Escondido (Zip Code 92029) Sunday morning June 25th at 10am. They will have their dogs with them and will talk about their 10 years of travels and be open to questions.

This is an RSVP event and will be limited to 40 people, so if you'd like to attend send me a personal message here and I'll send you the address.

I will have about 12 folding chairs available, everyone should bring their own chair if you have one. Hope to see you there !

Their FB page is The Pack Track and here's a link to an article about them...

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/couple-riding-around-the-world-with-rescue-dogs?fbclid=IwAR3wQe62fFKlqO49rgHLCTg7him-G89rs4ExMWdMj9XPRc-R6AbVvAkqfGM

FB_IMG_1687233696518.jpg

FB_IMG_1687233755074.jpg

Edited by KTMrad

That’s cool. I’ve seen a little of their stuff online. I’d love to attend that but will be away then. 

If the presentation ends up at my place I think the shop can only accommodate around 30 people if they are going to do a slide show,

if it is just presenting via talk then we can accommodate more in the yard space we normally hang out it, just have to tell people to bring their chairs with them (folding kind)

Confirmed, it will be at Dave's house on Sunday 6/25. It will be informal, there will be too much light in the garage in order to do a slideshow presentation, so they'll just be talking about their adventures and taking questions. 

Not many people have gone Round the World on motorcycles with dogs.

If you come bring your own camp chair.

Please note those that have been to my place before, the Dogs I have will not be there only those of the guest speaker and I assume Doc.

Also I do ask this be a Non Smoking event, my dogs found a cigarette butt in the yard last time and I don't want them eating those things.

If you must smoke please do it out front not in the back yard where the animals play.

• Agree 1

So far, nobody has confirmed from SDAR, any takers ?  I myself know it will be pretty interesting, having traveled with my dog in a sidecar all over the USA and Mexico. 

Edited by KTMrad