ctoogood

Ride report... Just did a 7 day Tecate to Cabo trip.

SUPER FUN, bucket list type of ride. Smaller bikes, mostly dirt. until day 5, I was so worn out I did a day of slab, then back on easy dirt roads for day 6 and finished strong day 7 with some amazing dirt over mountains and along Sea of Cortez.

Shipped bikes back to Tijuana and flew home..... And even caught Carnival in La Paz for a rest day, while giving the bikes time to reach the boarder.

I love Mexico and felt safer and more welcome than can be imagined. The people are amazing and always helpful. From finding fuel from neighbors, throwing broken bikes in trucks etc. 

We hit some rain on day 3 day it was like a slippery snot day... turned into a 14hr day. Most days were 9-10hrs. (180 a day average)

I'm going again ASAP.... maybe just a 4-5 day down and back trip. Or drive my truck down with Moto and camp and ride and drive back....

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7193.jpg

IMG_7212 - Copy.jpg

IMG_7235.jpg

IMG_7264 - Copy.jpg

IMG_7274.jpg

IMG_7277.jpg

IMG_7279.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

IMG_7283.jpg

PXL_20230212_214058979 - Copy.jpg

PXL_20230212_221256148.jpg

• Like 11

2 hours ago, ctoogood said:

I love Mexico and felt safer and more welcome than can be imagined.

IMG_7212 - Copy.jpg

Well...that doesn't look so welcoming and friendly.  Just sayin'....😏

Kind of like some fenced public trails in our own area. Cool pics. And stoked for your ride. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Yeah... bummer but also understandable...  Imagine owning 1000 acres and not having a neighbor for miles around and then people just rip right by your house on a motorcycle. The main reason I wanted to do this ride sooner than later was because of this starting to happen more and more down there.... Maybe there needs to be a Baja motorcycle group (like AMA) that could raise money and offer it to these guys to keep the gates open??

• Like 1

On 3/1/2023 at 7:03 PM, ctoogood said:

Yeah... bummer but also understandable...  Imagine owning 1000 acres and not having a neighbor for miles around and then people just rip right by your house on a motorcycle. The main reason I wanted to do this ride sooner than later was because of this starting to happen more and more down there.... Maybe there needs to be a Baja motorcycle group (like AMA) that could raise money and offer it to these guys to keep the gates open??

It’s in the works. Soon enough you’ll need to buy a sticker for your bike (think green or red sticker) with proceeds going to the ranchers and government. I can sympathize with the farmers and ranchers but am always wary of government intrusion and where that leads too. 
check out Coyote Cals statements about the topic. Rick is pretty involved in this (fortunately). A couple weeks ago he told me he’ll have a lengthy update on the subject on his website.  You’ll have to search it as my connection is sketchy here  

Thank you.... I will. And yes it is too bad to involve the government. I had an idealist mind set of it being a grassroots effort, but maybe it is a bigger problem then I'm imagining.

Anyway I love riding down there and I personally dont mind paying to keep it alive. 

Cheers, Chris

For additional info only, Among my friends, race and ride sponsors and including Mexico based clubs , have used the cash and handshake method for years now. Been effective but it is very old school, and ever changing 

Edited by robertaccio
  • Like 1