Sign in to follow this  
Strega

Street bike ride anyone?

Anyone up for a breakfast run or lunch on the street bikes? I know it's late notice, just had the idea...

I'm interested, I've got to hang one sheet of plywood for my wife then the rest of the day is mine, and I need to get the bike out to keep the battery up.

ORANGEBLOOD

I'll check the thread Sunday AM to see how many takers we have. I'll check in about 9am.

I could be down at the Lopez Rec Center across form you at noon, we could take off from there for a ride say up the coast. I'll check at 9:00

ORANGEBLOOD

Not sure where the Lopez Rec center is....got a loc for me?

That the one 2 lights east of Camino St Fe?

Just got back from hanging the plywood, and am now looking for the keys to my garage. 11:40 MORE LATER

ORANGEBLOOD

Just got back from hanging the plywood, and am now looking for the keys to my garage. 11:40 MORE LATER

ORANGEBLOOD

Just found the key in the nether regions of my truck, my bikes are out in Poway so I now have to go get one. Lopez Park, isn't the park on Calle Christobal about 1/4 mile east of Camino Sante Fe?

Just found the key in the nether regions of my truck, my bikes are out in Poway so I now have to go get one. Lopez Park, isn't the park on Calle Christobal about 1/4 mile east of Camino Sante Fe?

Yeah lil park with a kids playground 2 lights east of Camino Sante Fe on Calle Cristobal. Lemme know when. My Cell # is in a PM to you.

Anyone up for a breakfast run or lunch on the street bikes? I know it's late notice, just had the idea...

Saw your post around 7:30 this morning and sent you a text.....went for a spin up Palomar on the Super Chicken with a few friends on Ducs/Triumph. It's about ~85 miles round trip from Packards to do the following loop (A consideration for a future SDAR group ROAD ride? :lol: ):

Packards to 3rd St. (Old Julian Hwy)

Old Julian Hwy to 78

78 to 79

79 to Mesa Grande

Mesa Grande to 76

76 to East Grade of Palomar

Stop by Mother's up top to kick tires and down a slice of Apple Pie with vanilla ice cream (yum ;)B) )

Down the South Grade to 76 (Cops GALORE on South Grade writing tickets left and right to the squids in all their halloween racing outfits :lol: ......1 spotter plane and multiple cops on bikes/squad cars :blink: .....my recommendation - just stay away from South Grade of Palomar on weekends )

76 to Valley Center Rd. (S6 Across Rincon)

S6 to Lake Wohlford

Lake Wolford to Valley Center Rd.

Valley Center to Bear Valley

Bear Valley to Citrus

Citrus to 78

78 back up the hill to OLive

Olive to 7th (Packards)

(Track of loop from Packards Attached)

PalomarGarmin.jpg

Palomar_Loop.txt

Hehe next time CALL and I'll wake up :blink: That's a WORTHY reason to wake my ass up. Had a nice ride with Brian up the coast and out your way. Thanks for the cold drinks!!

Would have liked to have made that ride too, but the coast was nice and what great day to be out on the bikes.

ORANGEBLOOD :blink:

Hey Roger when did you pick up the r6, wish I would have check earlier spent the day getting burned at the beach helping Sean surf ,could have met you with my Nighthawk

I'll be up for a street ride sometime.....I'll bring the 950, since I don't have a street-only bike anymore. But then again, the 950 works great as a street bike too !! ;)

At some point on the ride though, might have to break off and do a little bit of dirt somewhere :unsure:

I'll be up for a street ride sometime.....I'll bring the 950, since I don't have a street-only bike anymore. But then again, the 950 works great as a street bike too !! ;)

At some point on the ride though, might have to break off and do a little bit of dirt somewhere :unsure:

Can we get a new forum section setup for 'Street Rides'?? I'll buy your lunch on the next street ride :huh:

Can we get a new forum section setup for 'Street Rides'?? I'll buy your lunch on the next street ride :unsure:

Think about joining The Red Hot Riders and using their forum to drum up Road Rides.....that's where many of us first met back in the late 90's before Randy formed SDAR.....I'm not too active in the club anymore but those guys are always looking for new street riders.......they meet the 2nd Wed of every month at Giovanni's (intersection of Clairemont Mesa and Ruffin near 15fwy)

Go HERE to visit the Red Hot Rider Newsletter archives and read a short/funny article I wrote regarding my first organized Dual Sport Ride in July of 2002.

Can we get a new forum section setup for 'Street Rides'?? I'll buy your lunch on the next street ride :blink:

We already have a forum section for Street Bikes & Street Riding.......see my post in the OPEN DISCUSSION about voicing your opinion on additional section for street.