Crawdaddy

Road Bikes, Dual Sport Bikes, and blues/beers

I hate you.

I thought you were just rubbing your chin.....

I thought you were just rubbing your chin.....

I'm off Sept 2-8. We should go hit up Mammoth, dirt bike style :ph34r:

I'm off Sept 2-8. We should go hit up Mammoth, dirt bike style :)

Kinda doubt I'll be able to head up again that soon.......$$ is tight with three kiddos having birthdays at the end of this month......so I'll likely wait til that Bishop ride in mid Oct.....

Speaking of riding in the Bishop area.......the folks on the BIG bikes over at ADVRider had a rally this weekend near Bishop at the White Mountain Research Station (I think SDLand went last year)…….some good pics/reports in the below thread…….Daddy wants an Adventure Bike……seems only right to have a road bike, a dual sport bike, and an adventure bike in the stable......now I just gotta figure out the $$$ issue(s) <_<

White Mountain Research Station Ride 2008

I did notice a post by "Riceless" in the above ADVRider thread.....Riceless is a member of SDAR....... he rode with me, my friend Sean, and Dutch Oven up in Idyllwild last year.....still can't believe how he manhandled that beast through the single track up by Idyllwild....

Nice pics.

FJCruisin looks familiar like someone I might have worked with at SOE when I lived in SD prior to moving to Norway

Nice pics.

FJCruisin looks familiar like someone I might have worked with at SOE when I lived in SD prior to moving to Norway

Welcome to the boards Jason, stop by SOE sometime and we'll have a soda :)

-Roger Sewell <_<

Nice pics.

Welcome to the boards Jason, stop by SOE sometime and we'll have a soda :)

-Roger Sewell <_<

Roger its Jason Stone I worked in CS/QA before moving to Norway, moved back and been working from home in LA for Funcom still and now back down to SD for Trionworld.

Weren't you in Austin at the same time I was working on Star Wars? hehe, small world <_<

Weren't you in Austin at the same time I was working on Star Wars? hehe, small world <_<

I was sent to Austin working on SWG as well for the 5 months prior to launch. What was the name of that girly bar we used to go too? Sugars

Thats right haha. 5 months of over time and living in a hotel thats what will do it to you.

I was sent to Austin working on SWG as well for the 5 months prior to launch. What was the name of that titty bar we used to go too?

Sugars :) LOL

Good times

I was the only guy there with his own car because I drove out the week before everyone else arrived.

Don't be jealous <_<

I'm just teasing ya!!!!

I've always liked Captain Kirk and stuff...

We're the cool nerds because we work on video games. <_< I am fortunate to have most kids dream job.

We're the cool nerds because we work on video games. <_< I am fortunate to have most kids dream job.

No kidding...

I majored in CS over a decade ago. (Heck, I had a class where we had to write code in LISP). I haven't used it since (thanks Uncle Sam). I admit, it is pretty cool to create things... I bet it's not as glamorous as kids think it is though - you don't spend your day playing the games...

So when are you guys going to hack the ECM on Jaynen's WR and make it crank out some crazy horsepower???

No kidding...

I majored in CS over a decade ago. (Heck, I had a class where we had to write code in LISP). I haven't used it since (thanks Uncle Sam). I admit, it is pretty cool to create things... I bet it's not as glamorous as kids think it is though - you don't spend your day playing the games...

So when are you guys going to hack the ECM on Jaynen's WR and make it crank out some crazy horsepower???

Needs a big bore kit <_<

No kidding...

Needs a big bore kit <_<

I've already got a powercommander and K&N filter on it. Just added 3 teeth to the rear today

Speaking of riding in the Bishop area.......the folks on the BIG bikes over at ADVRider had a rally this weekend near Bishop at the White Mountain Research Station (I think SDLand went last year)…….some good pics/reports in the below thread…….Daddy wants an Adventure Bike……seems only right to have a road bike, a dual sport bike, and an adventure bike in the stable......now I just gotta figure out the $$$ issue(s) <_<

Crawdaddy I think you need to try out my KTM 990 Adventure! Then you will not worry about the money or the time. It's more addicting then CRACK. :) Just tell me when and where.

Since I sold my wife on letting my get this bike for all the money i'll save over driving the truck I think I have to wait a bit to branch off into some other bike types <_<

Crawdaddy I think you need to try out my KTM 990 Adventure! Then you will not worry about the money or the time. It's more addicting then CRACK. :D Just tell me when and where.

I may take you up on that....but I think you're just trying to ruin me the way DigDug ruined you :) .....actually I guess we can all blame Randy for turning "Dirt Bike/Dual Sport" folks into potential "Adventure weenies"....why not? :):lol:

My mind (but not my pocketbook) is sorta set on a used 950 (Like the Prez has) or a new "FI" 690E......the 690 is really appealing to me because it appeals to my "light is right" mentality yet it has major street manners for "Adventure Cruising" (smoother motor with longer oil change intervals, cush drive rear hub, full power alternator, H4 headlight, a full street bike dash, better street bike switch gear, the ability to mount hard side bags, etc., etc ) AND it's coming in at ~300lbs vs. 400lbs.......but who knows......I'd have to sell off a lot of "stuff" from the current inventory to add another bike to the stable.......my first idea was too sell the quads :o .......that didn't go over too well with Kathy <_<

Crawdaddy I think you need to try out my KTM 990 Adventure! Then you will not worry about the money or the time. It's more addicting then CRACK. :D Just tell me when and where.

I may take you up on that....but I think you're just trying to ruin me the way DigDug ruined you :D .....actually I guess we can all blame Randy for turning "Dirt Bike/Dual Sport" folks into potential "Adventure weenies"....why not? :lol::lol:

My mind (but not my pocketbook) is sorta set on a used 950 (Like the Prez has) or a new "FI" 690E......the 690 is really appealing to me because it appeals to my "light is right" mentality yet it has major street manners for "Adventure Cruising" (smoother motor with longer oil change intervals, cush drive rear hub, full power alternator, H4 headlight, a full street bike dash, better street bike switch gear, the ability to mount hard side bags, etc., etc ) AND it's coming in at ~300lbs vs. 400lbs.......but who knows......I'd have to sell off a lot of "stuff" from the current inventory to add another bike to the stable.......my first idea was too sell the quads ;) .......that didn't go over too well with Kathy :D

Here ya go...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread....highlight=diego

or

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352914

or even

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/ssd/mcy/778270214.html

how about this one:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/783146464.html

ohh.. ohh.. ooohhh... this one is black:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/mcy/777812017.html

among others... :D

Let me know when you want to take that test ride...

(Do you think we're getting to him yet Roger?? Peer pressure sucks...) :D:D

You guys are evil. At least I have an excuse Crawdaddy doesn't I am a "newbie" and thus I need a smaller bike to learn on :D

You guys are evil. At least I have an excuse Crawdaddy doesn't I am a "newbie" and thus I need a smaller bike to learn on :D

I’m new too. And I can’t ride, just ask anybody, they’ll tell you I can’t ride, heck just ask hammer. You have the smaller bike now you need the larger bike as well. Just ask Doug. He is an officer and a gentleman, he can’t lie.

Let me know when you want to take that test ride...

(Do you think we're getting to him yet Roger?? Peer pressure sucks...) :D:lol:

Doug, just a little more line and we’ve hooked him.

So Crawdaddy I’m off tomorrow do you want a little test ride? :lol: