Planning on doing a desert run since the temps are in low 80s this weekend. Meeting at pinyon mountain trail\S2 at 9:30 Saturday riding by 10. There is a large dirt lot at the trail head.

The loop will go through the squeeze to fish creek. Back towards diablo drop and up to the mud caves. Then back to S2. Then hit some pavement to chariot back down rodriguiz then back to parking spot for BBQ, beers, and camping (optional, all are welcome to join us).

Looks like me briana and 3-4 other riders are going to do the loop and camp after in blair valley. Ride will be easy paced, NOT a race. There are a few short technical sections, but nothing to worry about unless on a big bike. The one climb up to the mud caves might be tough on a big bike.

Here is a map:

map_route_gree.jpg

supposed to rain friday night and be all good saturday.

Any takers?

supposed to rain tonight, be clear tomorrow, high temperature 80F low temp 60F. I guess everyone rather ride fire roads???

Planning on doing a desert run since the temps are in low 80s this weekend. Meeting at pinyon mountain trail\S2 at 9:30 Saturday riding by 10. There is a large dirt lot at the trail head.

The loop will go through the squeeze to fish creek. Back towards diablo drop and up to the mud caves. Then back to S2. Then hit some pavement to chariot back down rodriguiz then back to parking spot for BBQ, beers, and camping (optional, all are welcome to join us).

Looks like me briana and 3-4 other riders are going to do the loop and camp after in blair valley. Ride will be easy paced, NOT a race. There are a few short technical sections, but nothing to worry about unless on a big bike. The one climb up to the mud caves might be tough on a big bike.

Here is a map:

map_route_gree.jpg

Looks like it will be an awsome day out in the desert. Should be the best conditions of the year. I am not thrilled about the pavement portion, but I will know later this evening if I can get out there with you guys. What is the total miles of your planned route? Thanks, :o Ken

Hi Ken, you are right on about the weather.

You are also right on about the pavement portion, I know its a bit long.

I do have another route in mind that we could take instead. It goes from pinyon mnt out to O wells, through the slot back in some wash to borrego springs, gas up in borrego springs, come down grapevine. I'm not sure about miles, but it will be prabably be at least 75 miles either route.

My main reason for looping back to S2 and hitting pavement was to get back to camp to meet some friends who are meeting up with me after the ride for camping.

I'm not dead set on the route, and we can always change it and or split groups at fish creek if we want to. I didn't really want to go east of split mountain road (to the blue inn). I have a big ol gas tank that I can share with you if gas is an issue. I'm open to suggestions for alternate routes. We can take a vote or whatever in the morning.

brad

619-990-0843

BTW, I'm parking in blair valley and riding up to pinyon in the morning so I can snag a camp site before the ride. So if you don't see cars at the pinyon mountain site, don't worry, we'll be there by 10.

supposed to rain tonight, be clear tomorrow, high temperature 80F low temp 60F. I guess everyone rather ride fire roads???

Nothing wrong with your route,

Your ride looks like a kick. I scheduled a ride Saturday out of Warners Spring, running north. Because of the rain prediction, I'm wavering on that. If it is raining in the morning, I will haul down to meet you at the Pinyon/S2 jct. I'm on a "big bike" but won't hold you up, "much". I may take a pass on the Mud Hills, but have done the rest of your route.

BAGSTR

Nothing wrong with your route,

Your ride looks like a kick. I scheduled a ride Saturday out of Warners Spring, running north. Because of the rain prediction, I'm wavering on that. If it is raining in the morning, I will haul down to meet you at the Pinyon/S2 jct. I'm on a "big bike" but won't hold you up, "much". I may take a pass on the Hills, but have done the rest of your route.

BAGSTR

there's just the one hill climb up diablo. Thats the only way I know of to get back to S2 without going out split mountain and all the way back around. So you can't really avoid it if we did take that route. But it sounds like if Ken shows he rather not do that loop anyway. Doesn't matter too much to me either way, I just wanna ride.

I meant to say Mud Hills, which you mentioned earlier. If I have a problem, I can dump out Fish Creek and head to Rodriquez. Doesn't matter to me, I just want to ride...In Warners or the Dez.

See you guys in the morning, I got the day to ride. :o Ken