Sign in to follow this  
roostingu

Arrowhead Pinnacles Ride

I just now got to see myself and hammers mx training video, I forgot we made that reel when we were young and skinny :D:D :beach: seriously though,that video came from a mx dvd called moto xxx that we own here at the casa.

:good::D

I've had that clip for a few years now on my computer... I had forgotten all about it until I started making the "montage"... I thought some would get a kick out of it

I cant believe my company has firewalls and filters so I couldnt down load the video at work, but yet I can look at way worse stuff and gun clips and more.

Any day I'm out riding is always a great day. Didn't really like the fact I got run off the road by that car, but karma will get em.

Good to meet some new people, and ride a new trail. Great pics everyone...

Any day I'm out riding is always a great day. Didn't really like the fact I got run off the road by that car, but karma will get em.

Good to meet some new people, and ride a new trail. Great pics everyone...

Oh Yeah! check this out... after the Hole, Joliet took over sweep, and i got to ride in a little less dust... so I'm up with FJ and Dug, and there is a small suv crawling along a fire road... dug starts to pass him on the right (the "open side"), and the guy swerves right into dug... fj, thinking the guy is swerving right to let him pass on the left, passes him on the left... then the a*hole swerves RIGHT and comes within 2 inches (no exaggeration) of tagging fj! FJ swerves to avoid him and goes down...

Not sure what course of action we should've /could've taken... other than mob mentality

What is wrong with people today. First off some ahole is basically trying to assault you/ kill you with a deadly weapon ( his car ), then no one stops and confronts said ahole. No one takes his license plate and notifies authorities. It is not mob mentality to do the right thing and stop aholes like that. People as a whole are becoming weak minded pussies afraid of some sort of retaliation. If it were I who was run off the road, and no one else tracked him down, I would of done it myself!

well speaking for myself:

first, I stopped to check on FJ... he was fine, and there was some question whether or not it was intentional at that point...

then the group split off the main road, so we went with them...

only after talking to Doug did we determine that the driver clearly looked at Doug in his mirror, and swerved in to him...

so we concluded the other swerve must have been intentional, too...

Sounds like ADW (assault with a deadly weapon) to me. A good way to handle something like this (with out getting thrown in jail yourself) is document the event. Write down the license number and a description of the car & driver. If you can get a photograph of the fool that is even better (hard to say you weren’t there when they have a photo of you). Make notes of what he or she did. Then dial 911 as soon as possible. If you can follow him and keep the cops updated that is good too.

Pulling the guy out and beating the sh*t out of him is fulfilling but could land you into jail as well.

No one was really sure what happened until we all discussed it later. Had I known what was going on, I would have put my spare spark plug through his window.

Hey guys.

I am heading up to Big Bear this Sunday & Monday w/ my boyfriend.

I might hit up the pinnacles loop. Which direction is the easier one?

From the photos, and your reports, this loop is pretty gnarly. I will definitely go the easy routes on the BBTR ride. I like to stop and take photos etc....

I definitely want to try the loop sometime but we might just wing it this weekend. I wouldn't want to make his day miserable by picking me up every few miles.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Sounds like ADW (assault with a deadly weapon) to me. A good way to handle something like this (with out getting thrown in jail yourself) is document the event. Write down the license number and a description of the car & driver. If you can get a photograph of the fool that is even better (hard to say you weren’t there when they have a photo of you). Make notes of what he or she did. Then dial 911 as soon as possible. If you can follow him and keep the cops updated that is good too.

Pulling the guy out and beating the sh*t out of him is fulfilling but could land you into jail as well.

Bum and I called 911 the other night on the way home from a 13 inning, Padre game and I now know why Flave, sings 911 is a joke, 911 the joke of your town, 911,s a joke. :clapping: :good:

Hey guys.

I am heading up to Big Bear this Sunday & Monday w/ my boyfriend.

I might hit up the pinnacles loop. Which direction is the easier one?

From the photos, and your reports, this loop is pretty gnarly. I will definitely go the easy routes on the BBTR ride. I like to stop and take photos etc....

I definitely want to try the loop sometime but we might just wing it this weekend. I wouldn't want to make his day miserable by picking me up every few miles.

I am not the authority on this one, but i would guess it is a toss-up...the way we did it wasn't too bad, really...we did not meet anybody going the other way on redonda, and a couple people going the same way (and some quads that turned around and were going back) so i think the way we did it would be best