XTSTEVE

*2nd Annual Desert to the Mountains Ride May 10th*

Hi All,

This is the second annual Desert to the Mountains Ride on May 10th. Everybody who went last year had such a "gas' that they have been bugging me to put it on again this year.

The ride starts in Yucca Valley and stops first at Pioneer Town (an old western movie set) for a few quick photo ops. Then we proceed on thru a joushua forest and into the mountains. Midway up the mountain there is an old gold mine which is a good rest stop and one or two stream crossings for good measure. We end up in Big Bear for lunch and gas (Papa only drinks imports). After lunch we proceed around Big Bear to Fawnskin and take the Historic Gold Trail around the mountain tops of the north side of the lake. We finally hit the trail back down the Mountain and the the Start/End point in Yucca Valley (see map attached).

Desert_to_the_Mountains_Ride.pdf

I will provide maps to all who come with trail names and numbers. The total ride is approx. 125 miles and is mostly all fire roads ( approx. 15 miles street). I think all bikes mid level skills will have a great time. The meet point in San Diego is at The Deer Springs exit of the I-15 (south side by the gas station) at 7:00 am. We will arrive in Yucca Valley at approx. 9:15 am and get into Big Bear right at lunch time.

Let's start getting a head count ASAP so I can get everything together for the riders (maps, etc.).

XTSTEVE

Sadly, I'm out again this year due to work schedule. ^_^ As I said last year: Maybe next year.....

:dance3:

i will be bringing 3 to 4 people including me. see you at deer spring.

sonny

paul

luke

russ(maybe)

I've got room (Toyota Tacoma) if someone needs a ride to Big Bear. I'll be leaving from Clairmont near Balboa and Genesee.

Send a PM with a Ph# and I'll get in touch.

Wayne.

I think I can make it on this one. It looks good. I'll have to see if I can manage to get some homework done tomorrow and get home from my date early enough to get some sleep so I won't be a zombie for the ride :wacko: . I live in Cherry Valley(which is on the map you provided if anyone wonders...). Wayne it looks like you're going. It'll be good to ride with you again! Aggh by the way is it just me or what...when I send a private message to someone, nothing shows up in my sent items folder! I'm assuming the messages did actually go through?

Oh yea I forgot to ask can you tell me where exactly to meet at in Yucca Valley(I can plan on being in Yucca Valley at about 8:30 just to be sure I won't be late like the last ride I went on...)? I'd be going along the 10 East from Cherry Valley. Thanks, KJ.

Hi KJ,

If you get lucky Friday night just strap her on the back for a "Wild Ride" up the mtn. on Saturday. :wacko: The Start Point is at the NE corner of the interesction of Hwy 62 and Pioneertown Rd., Yucca Valley. We should be there by 9:00am and start the ride by 9:45am.

XTSTEVE

I will provide maps to all who come with trail names and numbers. XTSTEVE

I'm out....."Honey do" weekend for me :lol::wacko:

Have a blast and post your cleaned up/active file in the "GPS Stuff" forum.......another fun/cool contribution to the SDAR track library/archive.

Hi KJ,

If you get lucky Friday night just strap her on the back for a "Wild Ride" up the mtn. on Saturday. :wacko: The Start Point is at the NE corner of the interesction of Hwy 62 and Pioneertown Rd., Yucca Valley. We should be there by 9:00am and start the ride by 9:45am.

XTSTEVE

Excellent. I'll still plan on being there at 8:30 hahaha.