dirt dame

Since it never hurts to ask....

Well I gave up my fabulous but short "career" in auto sales today. I'd rather mow lawns or rake leaves or flip burgers for a living than try to sell cars. :blink: So, it's back to the drawing board. (Well, I never really left the drawing board actually....)

Just about that time again, to ask any and everybody here if they know of any jobs out there. I couldn't make quota in the car biz. It's tough. I have kept my eyes open for county jobs, state jobs, city jobs, private company jobs, motorcycle jobs etc, but no luck. Soon I will have to give up all my worldly belongings and become a third world missionary :lol: By the same token, if anybody needs any bike work, I am reasonably priced.

Here is something else interesting I learned this morning and I pass it along. I didn't know this but most companies, even smaller ones will run a credit check on you when they are considering hiring you, because studies found that people who have poor credit are more likely to steal from their employers, so employers want to avoid hiring people with poor credit. So don't ever let your credit go down the drain if you are out of work or just looking for another job. ;)

Mimi- keep your chin up... approach every day as if your job that day is to get a job...

Work at least as you would, if you were already working... plaster the city with resumes and applications... take a job that is offered, even if it is "below your qualifications"

Apply at the motorcycle places; If I could guess, I'd say you probably know people at most of the local ones... ask them if they've heard of any openings elsewhere.

I sent you my info to use as a reference... keep plugging... it's always darkest before the dawn.

good luck

I want to thank all the people who made nice suggestions for what I'd be good at. I know that I would be good at a lot of things, but they are not out there.

So, literally....if anybody needs any bike work done or any general labor, any part time work at all it would help me greatly and I could help you.

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Hey Mimi, My wife told me to tell you that Lego Land is hireing. Great pay and benefits. You will get to work in a happy place and you will be in Carlsbad. :lol:

I just read some interesting figures about California unemployment figures. There are about 877,000 people out of work in the state this year. Of that, about 10% left their jobs of their own choice or decision. Eight and a half million people are unemployed nationally. Unemployment rates are the highest they have been since twenty years ago.

Hey Mimi,

I don't know if you've looked, or if you are even a match for any of these jobs, but it looks like there are various jobs available at Camp Pendleton or Miramar.

Go to this link: MCCS - Employment, check Pendeton and Miramar then click the "View Jobs" button. It looks that some aren't the best paying, but I saw a couple that paid better... I'm pretty sure you don't need to be military or military family to fill these positions...

Hey Mimi,

I don't know if you've looked, or if you are even a match for any of these jobs, but it looks like there are various jobs available at Camp Pendleton or Miramar.

Go to this link: MCCS - Employment, check Pendeton and Miramar then click the "View Jobs" button. It looks that some aren't the best paying, but I saw a couple that paid better... I'm pretty sure you don't need to be military or military family to fill these positions...

Thanks for the tip and the link. I can't seem to figure out how to open any of the job description links. My screen gets a box on it that asks if I would like to open the file with a specific program and then doesn't actually give me any option or command to chose except to close the file. I'm afraid I am very poor at figuring out how to run my own computer. It looked interesting though.

Hey Mimi,

Thanks for the tip and the link. I can't seem to figure out how to open any of the job description links. My screen gets a box on it that asks if I would like to open the file with a specific program and then doesn't actually give me any option or command to chose except to close the file. I'm afraid I am very poor at figuring out how to run my own computer. It looked interesting though.

They're all links to Microsoft Word documents. (.doc files). It's a word processing program. If you don't have Microsoft word on your computer, you can download and install OpenOffice: http://www.openoffice.org/. It's compatible with the paid Microsoft software and best of all, it's completely free!

Hey Mimi,

It looks like DC shoes in Vista is hiring for several positions.

I noticed their postings on www.malakye.com

Hey Mimi,

It looks like DC shoes in Vista is hiring for several positions.

I noticed their postings on www.malakye.com

Thanks bunchies. I'll have a look.

It is a motorcycle mechanic position, I don’t know much about it but from what I gather you are pretty handy with a moto bike and tools.

Time for my periodic inquiry, since we have so many members now. I am still unemployed and have put out more than 600 resumes, inquiries and applications for work. Nothing yet and it's been over eight months. I look on four or five websites, two newspapers and anywhere else I can think of every day.

Anybody know of any jobs out there?

I have management background

retail sales

cashiering

motorcycle knowledge

good driving skills

attention to detail

reliable and on time

honest

I am doing a little motorcycle work on the side, but I really need employment.

Thanks to anybody who has any good leads.

Seems really odd unless you are "shooting too high" but if you are still looking I would think you would be pretty open minded by this point! Even with cashiering experience you can't find something with any of the grocery chains?

Seems really odd unless you are "shooting too high" but if you are still looking I would think you would be pretty open minded by this point! Even with cashiering experience you can't find something with any of the grocery chains?

I have applied for anything and everything, deli counter help, cashier, sales clerk, parts driver, work at a motorcycle shop, grocery store, K mart, drug stores, sporting goods, Mervyns, hardware stores, banks and credit unions, fast food chains, shoe stores, Kragens, Pep Boys, quickie oil change places, industrial and manufacturing, dispatcher, you name it and I have over 600 applications for everything from grunt to management out there. I have gone to a dozen job fairs and several employment resource centers, getting tips on job leads, how to make a professional resume and tips on interviewing. Frankly, I think I must be too old, too over or under or other qualfied to get anything. I can't even get a part time gig. :lol:

I have applied for anything and everything, deli counter help, cashier, sales clerk, parts driver, work at a motorcycle shop, grocery store, K mart, drug stores, sporting goods, Mervyns, hardware stores, banks and credit unions, fast food chains, shoe stores, Kragens, Pep Boys, quickie oil change places, industrial and manufacturing, dispatcher, you name it and I have over 600 applications for everything from grunt to management out there. I have gone to a dozen job fairs and several employment resource centers, getting tips on job leads, how to make a professional resume and tips on interviewing. Frankly, I think I must be too old, too over or under or other qualfied to get anything. I can't even get a part time gig. :(

mimi- sea world may hire for winter... put my name on the app and they will hire you if anything is available ... go to www.seaworldjobs.com.

Hopefully you find something soon ; I've had to start looking myself (I retire from the Navy in 4 months)I think I got a line or two on future employment possibilities but my "Field of expertise" could land me anywhere I guess <_< I just do not want to go the land of hot sand and smelly camels anymore.

Doesn't walmart usually higher older folks as greeters if thats really how old you are? San Diego PD wants 55+ people for the RSVP program does it pay?

Doesn't walmart usually higher older folks as greeters if thats really how old you are? San Diego PD wants 55+ people for the RSVP program does it pay?

OUCH!!! :D .......hey, listen Junior, a lot of us are "chronologically challenged".....that doesn't mean we're old :lol::lol::D