dirt dame

Since it never hurts to ask....

Well, I have been out of any real work for over fifteen months now and even though I spend most all of my time not spent riding, looking for jobs, nothing has turned up. So if anybody knows of anybody who has a job for me, kindly let me know. I have retail sales and management skills, basic book keeping, cashiering, basic computer skills, motorcycle technician/service writer skills, clean DMV record and a DMV salesperson license for selling vehicles.

Other than that, I got nothing to say right now.

Thanks

Well, I have been out of work for four months now and even though I spend most all of my time not spent riding, looking for jobs, nothing has turned up. So if anybody knows of anybody who has a job for me, kindly let me know. I have retail sales and management skills, basic book keeping, cashiering, basic computer skills, motorcycle technician/service writer skills, clean DMV record and a DMV salesperson license for selling vehicles.

Other than that, I got nothing to say right now.

Thanks

Dame- as I told you last time I saw you, I don't think we have anything for you... That being said; feel free to check out www.seaworldjobs.com for open positions...

feel free to use me as a reference (I think I already PM'd you that info, right?) and if seaworld has something that interests you, it doesn't hurt to drop my name...

What's your range, both commuting and salary?

HOM has listings for example, but my guess is it's a bit far and might be a bit too junior of a position for you.

=====

Just for the sake of argument... what is your ideal position? When people talk about meeting you for the first time they mention how impressed they are with your dedication to the sport, etc... on the other hand when I read your qualifications above... I can hardly believe it was describing the same person. It seems to describe what you can do, not what you want to do.

Granted the list of qualifications helpful for the people that know you firsthand, but don't forget to sprinkle in what motivates you get out of bed in the morning... what you really enjoy doing... and if it's just the paycheck... then lie!! :angel:

I'm pretty flexible. I love being around motorcycles of course, and I like working with people. On the other hand, I am perfectly content to work in an office. A driving job is interesting, always on the go. I was a courier

back in the 90s and that was mostly fun. The thing is, I started by picking what I'd like to do the most and have been steadily working my way down from there.

Things are tough all over right now, and admittedly it was a bad time to walk away from income, but I can't undo that now, so I just have to keep looking for anything full time that will furnish a paycheck.

Management was good for me in two ways, as an occupation and a paycheck, but things changed at that job where circumstances were such that I couldn't justify staying another day with that company. The paycheck is the pretty main thing right now. I have a FICO of 843 and prefer to keep it right there along with keeping all the toys and rewards that I have worked so hard for over the last 11 years. Plus, I feel so isolated and unvalidated without a job to go to, it makes me feel like climbing the walls.

Thanks, Carguy. I'll take a look.

I'm up for most stuff except picking lettuce and cleaning motel rooms :angel:

Guest Hammerin Hammon

I am looking for someone who can paint, set tile and clean up job sites.

The pay is good if you can work hard.

(KTM.) riders 8-12$ per hour.

(HONDA) riders 20-65$ per hour.

Craig. :angel:

Thanks Cam, although I like computers, I am not familiar with operating much besides retail programs on them (and badly programmed programs at that :unsure: ) But thanks for the offer.

There may not be much on it these days but it can't hurt to look....

www.motorcycleindustryjobs.com

Good for you. Thats a job you could certainly excel in. Oh and look!!! only 13 more posts until you hit 1000!!!

Good for you. Thats a job you could certainly excel in. Oh and look!!! only 13 more posts until you hit 1000!!!

892 +13... :good: is... uh... :huh: .... :good:

892 is my member number :huh: not my number of posts :huh:

Did I mention that I am very detail oriented?

892 is my member number :huh: not my number of posts :huh:

Did I mention that I am very detail oriented?

21 more posts untill you hit 1000! :o Are you trying to catch up to bikeslut? :lol: Hijack off. Good Luck with the job! Being around motorcycles and selling them would be the perfect job. ;)

Guest Hammerin Hammon

Maybee you should look for a internet job (posting.)

????? 905 ??????

Look at DD's member number and DD's current post count and add 13 to each to figure it out. Someone made a boo boo.

21 more posts untill you hit 1000! :good: Are you trying to catch up to bikeslut? :good: Hijack off. Good Luck with the job! Being around motorcycles and selling them would be the perfect job. :huh:

:huh: You can't count either....

21 more posts untill you hit 1000! :good: Are you trying to catch up to bikeslut? :good: Hijack off. Good Luck with the job! Being around motorcycles and selling them would be the perfect job. :huh:

:huh: You can't count either....

Hope the opportunity works out.

If it doesn't, I was going to suggest checking with the temporary agencies for work. I've contracted in the past, and each assignment resulted in the company offering permanent employment. One I accepted; most I turned down. There is a freedom with temping in that if you don't like what you're doing, you move on. The drawback is the constant worry in lining up the next gig.

Again, good luck, and eight (8) 8>) posts to go.

I have done temping before, with mixed results. Last time I signed up with an agency, I never got a call :good: .

But I might try it again.

Mimi,

Might I recommend hitting all the good dealerships and applying specifically for the service writer-position ...

It's a little retail, a little customer service and a lot of "motorcycle" knowledge. Most service writers don't seem to have a clue. You would be PERFECT at that job!

Mimi,

Might I recommend hitting all the good dealerships and applying specifically for the service writer-position ...

It's a little retail, a little customer service and a lot of "motorcycle" knowledge. Most service writers don't seem to have a clue. You would be PERFECT at that job!

I have applied for that before, but I can certainly do it again. And I think I'd be perfect for it too.