SoCalMule

KTM RFS Carburetor Maintenance Question

Hey guys, I would like to re-jet my carb on the 07 450 RFS exc. Do I need to remove the tank and subframe to gain access to the carb? or can I twist and pull the carb to the side to perform the necessary jet swaps? I need to remove the top cover to gain access to the needle, pop the cover on the bottom to swap the main, and the access the side for the pilot jet. I am used to 2T's which are easy-breezy. I would like to do this maintenance with the least amount of hassle, even leaving the throttle cables connected if possible. Any hints from you would be greatly appreciated! 

Thank you!

The Mule is now covered in jets

If you loosen up the intake and aircleaner boot, you'll be able to twist the carb enough to remove the float bowl. From there you'll have access to the main jet, pilot jet, and fuel mixture screw. If you want to adjust your needle position, well, that's a different story.

1 hour ago, Oracle said:

If you loosen up the intake and aircleaner boot, you'll be able to twist the carb enough to remove the float bowl. From there you'll have access to the main jet, pilot jet, and fuel mixture screw. If you want to adjust your needle position, well, that's a different story.

Thank you Oracle. Yep, I do want to trade out my JDJetting Blue Needle for the Red one... I guess I will be in "A Different Story" Land. I will start on the bike parts removal tomorrow. I appreciate the help! 

I’m pretty sure you can twist the carb to get to the needle jet too. No need to worry about the subframe.

10 minutes ago, Wierdrider said:

I’m pretty sure you can twist the carb to get to the needle jet too. No need to worry about the subframe.

Thanks Jim, will give it a try. I appreciate it. 

I would take Jim's word for it since he has the same generation bike you do. My 530EXC is the next gen so it may be a bit different.

3 hours ago, Oracle said:

I would take Jim's word for it since he has the same generation bike you do. My 530EXC is the next gen so it may be a bit different.

Will do, I haven't broken in to it today been very busy with other things I appreciate all the help thank you