I was hoping to meet up with you also, but as I don't know the area, are you meeting at the Pine Valley offramp? I've been out 8 and seen the offramp, but never gotten off the 8 until Yuma (gas stop). Would I be able to see the S on the headlight shroud from the offramp? or do I need more direction.

Orangeblood,

I’ve been reading the answers to your post and found that they might be a little confusing. Go west on I8 from San Diego to the Pine Valley exit. Take that off ramp down to the stop sign. At the stop sign turn right and drive a couple hundred yards or less. This will take you to a round cull-de-sack and a dirt road. This is Bear Valley road. Find a place to park.

If you park outside the chain link fence you don’t need an adventure pass. If you park in the circle you need an adventure pass. I bought an adventure pass and park in the circle.

Adventure passes can be bought at the store / gas station in Pine Valley. Just go left at the bottom of the ramp (stop sign) instead of right. Drive down that road a mile or so. You’ll come to a “T” intersection and stop sign. Turn right and go couple of yards the store is on your left (North). Get your pass and turn around the way you came because everyone is waiting for you. :)

Notice that the ice-cream place is located across the street as you leave the store. At the end of the ride you will have to come back to Pine Valley and get some ice-cream for Mimi. Yes, this is required. :angel:

Three Steves, a Bob, a Rob and a John... A Ride-Orange and an Orangeblood, 4 lurkers and a maybe-mimi... and whatever an esefa is...

See you all at PineValley tomorrow at 8 a.m. I am fighting a cold, so If I'm not there early, it got worse, and I turned in to a DRZ riding sissie... start without me...

I got the 'OK' so I will be "pyroing" it to the pine valley exit from El Cajon. If anybody else is riding to the meeting place let me know. I will be getting on the I8 at Los Coches around 7:20ish.

Looks like I can only ride a couple of hours. See ya there! :angry:

Well Damnit!!!!! In my excitement to get things squared away at home so I could do this ride I neglected to remember a commitment I have tomorrow morning :angry:. So I guess I'm out but I'll look forward to the next one. Have fun and be safe.