boat440

Ride the Famous Paiute ATV Trail

Paiute_Day1_2.txtHere is the tracks for a ride I did nearly 3 years ago.

The PAIUTE ATV TRAIL.

The Paiute trail is south-Central Utah's 900+ mile Paiute ATV Trail System, a trail system with no beginning and no end, making it the largest in the nation! It passes through multiple towns and has side trails leading to others.

My ride started in the most southern portion in Circleville Utah and ride counter clockwise thru Koorsharem to Salina. Sleep over and ride back thru Richfield, Marysvale back to Circleville. Elevations vary from 5K Salina to >11K(Gold Mountain). Plan on riding late May (snow needs to melt) thru November. With some of the side routes(included) this could easily be a 3-day ride.

The riding is Easy-Novice. My recommendation is late September for the foliage, but you better make hotel arrangements early. A plated bike is not necessary if you ride the trail system. 2-Strokes may have jetting problems, can be done but caution. Also this ride can be done during the hotest times of summer. I went in August to escape the desert. Check temp's, but mine were in the low 80's.

Here is a resource link for hotels, the Piaute ATV Trail book and other great information.

http://www.atvutah.com/southern/paiute.htm

Also the entire UTAH ATV trail system.

http://www.atvutah.com/trails.htm

PM me for more information. Enjoy, Boat440

Paiute_Day1_2.txtHere is the tracks for a ride I did nearly 3 years ago.

Cool - Thanks for the tracks :dance3:

I was hoping my tracks posting spree yesterday would motivate a few others to hang some useful/favorite tracks in this "GPS Stuff" forum ;) ......no need to keep'em private (IMHO) if they're traversing open/public access trails.........it's sort of a pain to try and remember which ride report you saw a certain set of tracks in when/if you go back months later :clapping: :good::unsure: .......so I figure the GPS geeks in the crowd oughta get in the habit of placing tracks in the "GPS Stuff" forum with a link back to our ride reports (when applicable)......hopefully others will pipe in/post up in this same forum so we can build a nice "Track Library" to scan through before heading out on an adventure.....or add to when we return so someone else can ride'em/enjoy'em.... ;)

Enjoy, Boat440

A friend of mine mentioned he's heading that way next month with a few other buddies so I steered him to your posting/tracks....thanks Steve.......this info/tracks oughta really help'em out....

Too bad Utah is so far away from us and gas prices are so high..... :good:

The Paiute trail system and surrounding area is AWESOME! I've been going there with a group of friends for the last 18 years. Multiple times each year for the last 8 years or so. I just can't get enough of it. :good: One of our group bought the small RV park in Junction and uses it as his vacation home. Another friend has a cabin in the mountains between Junction and Beaver. I highly recommend the area to everyone.

Crawdaddy/Mcrails/Dirt dame:

Will be heading to Utah early September for a 3-4 day ride.

Any takers?

Also if anyone needs the mostly complete southern Utah trail system I have it. It has all the Utah trails in red lines. No Topo or Mapsource detail, but you can see the other trails. They are also not labeled, but you can use to see if you generate new tracks and then overlay the red lines for accuracy.

I don't think it's copyrighted and free, PM and I can e-mail it to you.

Any takers?

Heck yeah, I'm always interested in going there. :P I'll keep a lookout for an anouncement here on the message board as the time gets closer. I'm back to work now :( but have Friday - Sundays off so a long weekend trip works best for me. From your tracks it looks like you did mostly the main trails. I can show you some really cool stuff if you're up for it. With all the time I've spent there I know the area pretty well but am always exploring new trails. The mapsource maps have most of the Paiute trails and a lot of the other stuff too.

Any takers?

Heck yeah, I'm always interested in going there. :( I'll keep a lookout for an anouncement here on the message board as the time gets closer.

OK, good. Sounds like you have it mapped out pretty good. I was thinking of doing some riding by Bryce Canyon(Day1), then ride to Salina(Day2), do a loop out of Salina(more technical-Day 3), then back to Bryce, (Day4). I friend of mine gave me many tracks of the entire area.

Might be to long of a ride, could always cut out the Salina loop day. When the weather gets cooler will post to hopefully get a group together. Boat440

OK, good. Sounds like you have it mapped out pretty good. I was thinking of doing some riding by Bryce Canyon(Day1), then ride to Salina(Day2), do a loop out of Salina(more technical-Day 3), then back to Bryce, (Day4). I friend of mine gave me many tracks of the entire area.

Might be to long of a ride, could always cut out the Salina loop day. When the weather gets cooler will post to hopefully get a group together. Boat440

We have done a similar loop a few times that starts in Junction and goes by Bryce and on to Escalante for the night, then to Bicknel for the second night, to Salina for the third night and then back to Junction. There are some great scenic areas between Bryce and Bicknel (as well as everywhere else along the ride.) Mostly easy going with some highway sections. My dad has run chase (following us in his Jeep) a couple of times. He has no trouble keeping up with the pace and hauls most of our over night supplies making for a lighter pack. He is always ready to go along when we talk about doing a ride. On one of the rides one of the guys crashed breaking his shoulder a couple of hours into the ride. We chained his bike to the front bumper of the Jeep and dad took him to the hospital in Panquich to be checked out. After that they took the bike back to Junction and dropped it off and dad and him met us in Escalante and they followed us for the rest of the ride in the Jeep.

I just saw this post and have ridden with a Alan up there in Utah a few times so I'll also watch for a date when you're going. I was near Circleville on a recent trip there and a good way to Koosherm is the 2 to the 1 to the 53 to the 33 and take the 1 into Koosherm. The 53 and the 33 had some cool technical stuff and great views. I'm hopfully leaving for Strawberry to do some of GPSKEVINS 2007 single track stuff next week. RIDE ON!

Bill is right about the 33 trail only it is pretty knarly in a couple of spots. I've ended up on it by mistake a couple of times with guys that didn't really appreciate the techinical aspects of it and I think they were kind of pissed at me for taking them there. :blink: Well, not really but let's say they weren't enjoying it as much as I was... :blink: