Wierdrider

The Hideout

I stopped by a month or so ago and the workers said 4-6 weeks. I stopped by this last Friday, and they said maybe in a month, at least it’s being worked on, and should be open fairly soon.??2227B324-12DB-4231-B7F3-621148915F5B.thumb.jpeg.a2c1f092c7b6114d3b348ad0649dfe39.jpegDC6F283D-15D4-4605-A3C5-D82C5B19ACC2.thumb.jpeg.7240bd076acdef4ad5cbfbdf27d72dfb.jpeg

Nice! I was super bummed when this place closed so it’s good it’ll be up and running again soon. Hopefully they did some work on the restrooms because those were....yikes

We almost had to camp out in the parking lot there. We were head to Ocotillo Wells on Friday night and it was snowing pretty had. I'm think if we get that far we'll pull in and camp in the parking lot. The was covered pretty good, center line had disappeared miles back. I was going pretty slow to words the top and I could feel the back end slip occasionally. I was towing a short but loaded tow hauler. Got to the top and was going to pull off into their parking lot and call it, then figured we could slowly ease down the other side. Have some great snow pictures on the way back including the VW in the ditch we saw on the way out. The riding at Ocotillo Wells was fantastic, some big puddles too :)

Looking forward to it opening again...was always  favorite stop on a ride.