PastaPilot

Thinking of motarding your dirtbike

They look like fun to ride (on a track only :rolleyes: ) but they'd be way too much work to convert back to dirt duty..... from the looks of them it would mean swapping the entire engine back into another frame :blink:

I like my set up, only four things to change and a quick fill on brake fluid and quick adjusment on the suspension and I'm ready for whatever I feel like hitting dirt / or pavement...:D

They don't look like they could do dirt roads very well either like an Dual Sport or Dirt Bike with an SM set up. :curtsey:

Actually the bikes use the complete frame and swingarm from the 450 class dirtbike. The forks and clamps are swapped from steetbikes but other than the fairings they are all 450cc dirtbikes. I wonder if they could make a Husky, KTM or DR-Z kit and then it could still be street legal..... :rolleyes:

roland sands does some sick $#!+ ! His stuff is out of my price range, but he is an artist that used to be a racer... his stuff looks great and works better...

As nice as the DRZsm is, it just doesn't have the poke that a 450 mx'er does.

I think Gunner has the right idea... If I was going to motard my DRZ, I would get a whole fork/wheel set-up with a 320 rotor up front... yeah; it takes more time to swap than a wheel, but the dive I get when jumping on the front brake, is just crazy. An mx'er has pretty stiff suspension to start with... unlike a DRZ set up for a 145 pound trailrider...

Keeping with the title of Pilots thread....found this on the ADVriders site in the thumper thread

Here is a crazy modded out KLR :scratch_one-s_head: :D

Pyro, Doc and the other KLR riders here.....lets go SM the twisities! :D:D

n1051011976_30022650_5482.jpg

n1051011976_30022652_6002.jpg

I would dub that machine the "Stink Bug" model. :scratch_one-s_head:

I agree with Mimi......not too fond of the huge/Samsonite luggage on the a*s end.....definitely a "stinker" in my book :D

Once I tossed the stock cans on my Superhawk I got the weight down to ~400lbs......would the stinker set-up/weight drop justify the drop down from the Super Chicken's fun 996c V-Twin power plant.......nope :D

AND I can take the gal-pal on a spin with me if I so choose :D

I'll keep my dirtbikes in the dirt......

:D:D

Here is the concept 180 Degrees the other way....That is a Yamaha R1....some people got no respect for highly advanced "High Performance" engineering :D:D

If that KLR is the "Stink Bug" what's this? I think the title

"King Kong" of the TW200 style fits with those fattie knobs and 150 HP !

2007060918erzberg20207vk7.jpg

Here is the concept 180 Degrees the other way....That is a Yamaha R1....some people got no respect for highly advance machine engineering :scratch_one-s_head:

2007060918erzberg20207vk7.jpg

Now THAT's a ~400lb dirt bike I'd like to try out :D:D

And if you have to back out of something, no problem since you already have a rear tire on the front end :scratch_one-s_head: .