johnnyg

gear rental

hi all,

my cruiser-riding brother is visiting next month, and we'll be riding ds bikes on dirt roads in death valley. i'd like to rent some gear for him if anyone has spares kicking around in their closet... looking for a helmet, size L, armored jacket, size L and some dirt-road-worthy boots, size 10.5-11. i have a spare leather road jacket and ff road helmet, and he has leather work-boots if it comes to that, but figured i'd ask the forum. if you've got spare gear you'd be willing to rent for five days, i'd offer $50-75 for the use of it. or, as a bicycle mechanic, i'd be happy to trade a tune-up + drivetrain cleaning ($125 value). 

thanks in advance, 

johnnyg

I have extra boots( not great ), jacket, helmet, what about pants ( size )? 

I'm in Spring Valley 

I have a bicycle!

thanks for the reply, wr... boots don't need to be great, just better than timberlands! i have spare pants, unless you've got something with armor, size 32-34? 

what type of bicycle do you ride? i'd be happy to pick up and deliver, and if you need work done sooner than late feb so you can ride, i'm amenable to that too (early deposit into the favor bank).

best regards,

johnnyg

I have spare gear for family/ friends. Boots I have sidi crossfire srs size 12- they run tight. I have jackets but closest in xl. Helmets are the same closest xl (street). Probably best to try on as some things run small.

I just posted a pair of Fox pants for free if you want them.  I also have a bag full of extra gear that I keep around for people who need it when we go riding, including helmets.  I might have boots as well, haven't looked in a while since the gear bag grows sometimes.

Advbum is probably closest to you?, and tntmo and I are fairly close, I'm sure others will chime in also, if you're down this way and want to check out / pick up some gear let me know. 

Older Gary Fisher mnt I think?

Been sitting to long 

hi bum, thanks for your responses...

my brother is coming from out of town, so trying gear on isn't possible, but size L for helmet and jacket will work. i'll ask him to try on actual brands to get an accurate boot size.

wr and tntmo, i'll pm you next time i'm headed in your direction (i assume evenings/weekends work best?) to see what you guys have. i'd be glad to check out your gf (gary fisher, not girlfriend!) and give you my $.02.

thanks again for your responses, 

johnnyg

I have a pair of boots I can lend, size 11 Alpinestars adventure style boots.   I have a large helmet you can have.  I also have two off road jackets, both size large that I can lend.  

tntmo, thank you for the offer, that sounds perfect! as stated, i'd like to rent or trade, lmk what you prefer...

brother arrives 2/21, we'll drive to dv 2/22 and return to encinitas 2/25... i'll pm you the week prior to schedule a pick-up time, if that works for you?

many thanks to advbum, weirdrider and tntmo -- i'll be sure to post a ride report from our trip.

best regards,

johnnyg

That works fine, remind me early because I get forgetful due to too much stuff going on most of the time.

We can work out a beer payment or something, easy enough.