beniflas

Chasing the Breakfast Club

The plan was to drop off the kids at school and take the 1hr drive to ABDSP for the Breakfast Club south loop ride.  Well, the kids were running a little late this morning.  So I drop them off and start heading out of town when I realize I had forgotten my wallet at home....true story Bags.  By now ETA to staging point is almost 9am. I figured the guys would've been ready to go and I didn't want them waiting around for me while I unload and suit up.

I decide to stage east of Ocotillo and do a solo ride, as I was taking this pic EddieEarl texted me asking if I was going to make.  Sorry man, running late.

20161117_082745_zps30tkqc0t.jpg

I ride around the north side of Ocotillo and head down to the tracks, then take Jojoba back to S-2.

20161117_094854_zpsnqxcrjlk.jpg

When I cross S-2 onto Dolomite Mine I start seeing dirtbike tracks and wonder if they were made by the Breakfast Club.  Interesting find at the end of the road.

20161117_101950_zpsfa8athph.jpg

20161117_102331_zps5pbrdqbq.jpg

I then ride down Mortero and see more dirtbike tracks.  As I'm getting closer to the tracks I see a dust cloud and three little orange specks off in the distance.  Could it be?  Looking at EddieEarl's GPS tracks he posted up and texting him about it confirms it probably was them.

I ride back towards Ocotillo and take a break under the tracks.  I guess someone thinks anarchy and dirtbikes go good together.

20161117_112343_zpsrinuuupj.jpg

How does this happen?

20161117_113657_zpslajdtsjh.jpg

Put in a little over 50 miles and I kinda, sort of did get to ride with the Breakfast Club.

20161117_115259_zpstthjsyrm.jpg

Maaan,  I Hate It when stuff like that happens!