dirt dame

Still nice at Big Bear 08/27/16

Decided to go back up to the San Bernardinos again, yesterday.  Was pretty breezy all day with lots of clouds.  I was hoping for rain, but again no storm managed to develop.  Temps ran in the high 60s at highest elevations.  Ran an old trail that I haven't been on in six years.  It was an interesting change of scenery, and I remembered a few of the more challenging parts of it.  Also had some electrical problems with the street lighting on the bike.  None of the lights, turn indicators or the horn worked.  I finally stopped and fiddled around with the wiring harness, till everything worked again, so I would have all of it working for my stretch through Big Bear.  Turns out that a connector has gotten rather corroded.  I'll have to pull it apart later to clean and inspect it.  Might just be corrosion, or a pin might have actually corroded all the way through and will need replacement.  Also saw Johnnybags and his friend as they headed down to the desert for some lunch.  All in all, it was a good day for a ride.  Dualsport riding in the San Bernardinos is a reward for having to endure all the crappy stuff in life.

IMG_0074_1.jpg

IMG_0075_1.jpg

IMG_0076_1.jpg

IMG_0079_1.jpg

Electrical update.   Yup, a connector pin corroded and broke.  Put in a new one, cleaned all the corrosion out of the connecting plugs and everything is good to go.;)

2016-08-28.jpg

Hey Mimi, thought I saw your rig on 215 northbound yesterday. We were heading up there too for some road biking (pedal type).

Looks like you had fun up there!

10 hours ago, Wierdrider said:

I think that first photo is really nice. ??

Thanks.  I clicked it myself.:lol: