Sign in to follow this  
bikeslut

Valentine's Day

Let's hear it... Who had a lousy one? Who had a great one? Who provided a great one?

Mine was somewhere in the middle:

I worked a full day, made sure the Valentine's Dinner with Shamu was all set up to go, then drove home with my wife (I rode my bike to work, but drove her home on the van)

Picked up the baby at Grandmas, and it was snowing pretty good, so we sat and watched the snow for a while...

Went home, lit a fire, and made her Orange Chicken on a bed of rice, Teriyaki Shrimp, and fried mushrooms, with a Spinach salad.

OK you Casanovas... WOW me!

Okay, I had a lousy one. It rained all day and I wasn't riding because I hurt my back and I'm unemployed. At least the cat didn't die.

But i am going for a ride right now. Bye-bye.

I'll play with you bikeslut....

My Valentines day started at 630AM in a Naples, FL Holiday Inn. Another crap shack hotel that wasn't worth a third the $150 it cost to stay there. The ride to the airport was in an early 90s Lincoln Town Car with 290,000 miles and smelled like a combination of feet, ass and cigarettes covered up by an hourly spray of fabreeze air freshener. The smell was compounded by the driver having the heater set at 85 degrees which brought the stink from 'subtle' to 'in your face'. Had a nice breakfast of 7-11 egg and bacon croissant sandwiches with some orange juice. Noticed a text message from Julie then, it was 430AM on the "best" coast, she couldn't sleep. We chatted for a bit wished each other a Happy V's day and I got to work. Got to the plane, loaded it up with 280 gallons of fuel, coffee, ice, newspapers and waited for the rich people to show up. They finally got there, 30 mins late, and off we went to Farmingdale, NY. Ain't nothing like NY in February, cold, cloudy, snows all the time.... except today was the exception, clear sunny and in the mid 30's. Still cold I guess. Took a rental car to JFK for my return to California, not generallly a big deal but my coworker that swpped with me in the plane decided to give me the car with no gas in it. Filled it just enough so that it would be at 1/8 tank when I got to JFK to drop the car off. Appearantly where it was when he picked it up. I made it to JFK and found that Enterprise doesn't have an on airport rental lot. Found the lot after 5 calls to Enterprise for directions and driving around an extra 45 mins in afternoon NYC traffic. Recorded directions are a waste of time. Don't ever listen to them. When I dropped off the car the attendant stated the gas was low. I said, "I just put gas in it and it's right back to where it was when I picked it up". He repiled,"your rental release says full tank on it and since it was picked up at a different office we have to go by that". Like hell you do, I said. I drove the car 70 miles, if it was full when I picked it up and now it's at an 1/8 tank, where did all the gas go? Long story short, we took an $80 gas charge in the ass.

This is going on too long. MY Valentines day Sucked, plain and simple. I got to San Diego at 1230AM PST 18.5 hours after starting my workday. The 15th so far has been really good and I guess I've got the next 5 days to forget about yesterday.

I need a beer.

I'll play with you bikeslut....

Ok, I'll play....

Around mid day one of my daughter's sent me photos of the snow in our yard ......what? :) .......didn't really think about it much more after that since I figured it would quickly dissappear.......not the case......I got blocked off/turned around trying to get home from work on the 78 grade up to Ramona.......luckily Highland Valley Rd. was still open (78 was still closed this morning).....

But after the 1.5 drive home from Carlsbad things smoothed out nicely with the gal-pal.....booted the kids out of the house.........settled in with fire, filet mignon on the grill, nice bottle of merlot.......lips are sealed beyond that.....

I've got ~20+ folks showing up for paintball at Velocity in Ramona tomorrow morning.......that oughta be interesting......looking forward to nailing my son, my gal pal's son, Snaildarter's son, and one one of my daughter's boyfriends with a whole mess of paintballs.....though I'm sure that's a two way street.....and my old/fat a*s will be a much easier target to hit :D

Ok- we're batting 50% on good ones.

Jon- I've been out of town during Valentine's before, and it actually works out well...

You can come back, have the nice dinner with the SO, flowers, etc. without all the Valentine's Day surcharges and attitudes.

mimi- hope you had a nice ride with trajan, peanut, scoobie or whomever.

Chris- Isn't it much nicer at the house? Good luck with paintball and your @$$! It'll be a mudbath.. (or is that an indoor type area?)

Chris- Isn't it much nicer at the house? Good luck with paintball and your @$$! It'll be a mudbath.. (or is that an indoor type area?)

Outdoor: Velocity